The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to post a few pictures of my Aubergine Elise and my good friend's Aubergine Exige! I was working on the Exige for him and decided to take some pictures. Yes, they did race together on the same race team yearss ago! This is the first time they have ran together in roughly 7 years!

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is so cool to see these two in one of the rarest colors (love all the pics). Was one of you influenced by the other? I'm interested in how you both ended up with the same color Lotus. Does the Exige owner have his original clams stored away? If that's the case, seems like a smart move to keep the originals in good condition while tracking the car. How did the Elise perform vs. the Exige (assuming it's an Exige S?) ? What kind of work did you perform on the Exige?

*Sorry for so many questions, hehe

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is so cool to see these two in one of the rarest colors (love all the pics). Was one of you influenced by the other? I'm interested in how you both ended up with the same color Lotus. Does the Exige owner have his original clams stored away? If that's the case, seems like a smart move to keep the originals in good condition while tracking the car. How did the Elise perform vs. the Exige (assuming it's an Exige S?) ? What kind of work did you perform on the Exige?

*Sorry for so many questions, hehe

Hey there,

No worries, Yes, Exige S. He purchased both cars at separate times about 7ish years ago for the Lotus cup East series. He was not looking specifically purple. Just dumb luck they both were! lol (awesome luck) I am not sure if he has the original clams stored away. Unfortunately, I never got to see them race together so I am not sure elise vs. exige. I bought the Elise from him 3ish years ago and spent a year plus putting it back together and upgrading!( as it was not used/ran for about 4-5 years before I bought it) I only did some maintenance, cosmetic and clean up on his exige.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your house is definitely going to get broken into now that everyone on the block knows where the money is at 😂

Great looking pair!

Hahaha most people here don't even know what a Lotus is lol

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! Also, are you the same Joe that would race at NJMP here in Jersey?
I am a Joe and do go to NJMP but I am not that joe lolol I am a good friend of him tho.. I just took his name!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts