1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hell yes!

R8 GT3
Rear-wheel drive and 500+ horsepower

Audi has just announced that it will build a 500-plus horsepower version of the R8 sportscar for competition use. Sadly, that does mean it will not be street legal, but it does open the possibility that a street legal version is in the pipes.

The R8 GT3 conforms to GT3 regulations and will therefore be able to race in numerous international race series, including the American Le Mans Series.

“The R8 is the first production Audi bearing the name and genes of a successful racing sportscar and is therefore an excellent base from which to build up our first big customer sport programme," explains Head of Audi Motorsport Dr Wolfgang Ullrich. "Ever since the R8 was unveiled we’ve been inundated with enquiries about a race version. With the Audi R8 we will offer customers a racing sportscar equipped with high-calibre technology and the typical Audi qualities, but which is nevertheless easy to handle."
full story

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow that is badass. can't wait to see it in ALMS.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
whats with the humps on the wing?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It's the audi logo printed on the wing. You can only see the top of the rings and it looks like something is actually raised up, but its only a graphic

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I putting your own watermark on manufacturer press images legal?
"For every issue of Luxury & Exotics we send our writers and photographers to capture the beauty and the thrill of events worldwide.

Perhaps L&E magazine took the photos. :shrug:

In any case, I'd trade the Elise for one of these...then my wife would trade me.

Tom

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Nice to see Audi getting more involved in motorsports, besides their DP cars. I prefer the R8 in street car clothes than this GT3 spec look though.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
"For every issue of Luxury & Exotics we send our writers and photographers to capture the beauty and the thrill of events worldwide.

Perhaps L&E magazine took the photos. :shrug:
They're manufacturer photos from the press release.

There could be a press agreement on the rights to distribute the photos or something...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
to me the R8 looks like someone put alot into designing the front end and then just said "F*CK IT" with the rest of the car

also that wing looks horrible on the car

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
i've seen two R8s on the street....mean looking car on the street.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I'm starting to really love this car. I saw two black ones yesterday and they are badass.

Wonder how their value will hold up throughout the years or will they just be like any other Audi?

·
Registered
563 Posts
This car rocks.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Whats uglier? the wing or the car?TADTS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts