The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
It's got Aux inputs, two to be exact based on the spec sheet. So we should still be able to use portable MP3 players, iPod in my case.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
New iPod and Samsung MP3 Players have ability to transmit on FM. That means you can "tune in" to your MP3's directly from any FM Radio. :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The link says it plays MP3. Still nice to Aux inputs. FM method never sounds as good as Aux, been there done that:) Good to have options.

I don't know if I'll change the head unit, but I will likely upgrade the speakers.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What about XM... It sound way better than FM. Too bad it doesn't have control built in. I guess that's what Ill do with that second Aux.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
My problem with XM is the goofy antena, there is no way I'm sticking that thing on my Liz or drilling holes for the mount.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Damn... that looks a little busy :eek:

DigiCeiver all digital tuning
MP3: CD-R / CDRW / ID3 / CD Text
Self adjusting EQ for Easy System Setup
Real Time Noise Analysis and correction
DEQ+: 5 band Self Adjusting EQ
Subwoofer Output
Detachable Motorized Steel Panel

PDF Owners Manual

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i hope all the fancy schmancy display graphics can be turned off on that thing

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Where did the antenna go?

I dont see any radio antenna on the rear deck pictures? :confused:

Did they integrate it into the windshield?

·
Registered
299 Posts
This cd player can use multi media cards for mp3s

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Yeah but you're going to drop about $50/256 Mb card, which'll hold about 100 tracks, when you can have a 10 gig iPod (or similar device) for mid 200's and carry a few hundred CD's without the hassle of worrying about loosing a card, reloading etc.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you guys know if there is anything that can be done about the radio reception? I can get FM ok and can live with it, but as soon as I start the engine, I can't get any AM stations. Just static.

I'd really like to get AM. I'm not expecting perfection, but being able to get an AM station well enough to make it out would be nice.

I have the touring package, if that matters

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't even know AM still existed??

No ideas for reception improvement.

BTW> Babak and other who helped, ripped my first MP3 cd last night, works well, so great have 5-6 hours of music on one disc. I'll just theme them, ie blues, etc.

Chris

·
Registered
426 Posts
I know a lot of people don't listen to AM, but to get not one single station is a bit disappointing. In the tri-state area, we have a lot of good talk radio stations that are fun to listen to, especially if you are sitting on the highway for long periods of time. I'm sure someone will come up with a brilliant solution to take care of the problem, but I'll have to wait for more owners to get their cars.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
I'm not positive, but wouldn't that behavior indicate a bad ground in the car? There are some things that you can do to filter that interference out, but I don't remember exactly what. Google it and you'll come up with a solution.

--Josh

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
aux outputs

Derek or Chris:

Are the aux inputs in the back of the unit or front? I assume the face plate flips down. trying to figure out how to hook up my ipod. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
x and x,
On the euro cars, you have the aerial on the rear deck lid. On the US cars the aerial is attached to the underside of the front clam, nose section, dont know if you can get to it by removing the access panels in front or not.

huggy,
Don't see any port behind the faceplate, I'm guessing it's on the back of the unit. When you get the car it comes with the blaup box and the little special hooks for removing the unit are in the box.
Chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
Joetz said:
Do you guys know if there is anything that can be done about the radio reception? I can get FM ok and can live with it, but as soon as I start the engine, I can't get any AM stations. Just static.

I'd really like to get AM. I'm not expecting perfection, but being able to get an AM station well enough to make it out would be nice.

I have the touring package, if that matters
What no AM, that just not right. All the good talk shows are on AM. and all the hard news. and the good local car show. I would take it to the dealer to be fixed.

Greg

1 - 20 of 52 Posts