The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello followers Lotus owners and enthusiasts. Looking for input on doing the Alphabet Soup drive. So what are your thoughts on having it?
Lots of car and other events aren’t happening so looking for what people are thinking about doing a spirited group drive. Things are opening up to some extent which would make this more possible to do.
I would like to get something together to have something in a few weeks from now.

For those who have not been on this drive before it starts in New Glarus and goes to Spring Green/ Mount Horeb area. With a stop to eat. I would be looking to start this at 9:30-10:00ish on a Sunday morning.

Please give me your input and thoughts on doing this. And what dates will work for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be interested, free most Sundays. Although I'm not ready to eat in a restaurant yet.
How about eating outside at a distance?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am perfectly healthy also and definitely would like to stay that way! I’m sure that most people don’t want to get sick either.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m interested. When were you thinking? A Sunday in June?

Yes a Sunday in June. Didn’t have a date in mind yet.....was looking for input from interested people on what date works for them.
I am doing the event on June 20th......so probably not that weekend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd really like to do a meetup/drive. I still don't know any other Lotus owner's in the region. Unfortunately my weekends this summer so far have been tied up dealing with family stuff down in Chicago.

I'm camping on the weekend of the 12th (not in the Lotus). I could maybe swing the 28th.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd certainly be interested, as long as its not within the next two weeks.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Been watching this thread with great sadness. My Exige is still all apart and I probably wont be able to work on it for a few years. Other household projects that have given precedents by the controlling members of the household. So, Exige is on the backburner until those are complete. I will live vicariously through your pics and posts here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been watching this thread with great sadness. My Exige is still all apart and I probably wont be able to work on it for a few years. Other household projects that have given precedents by the controlling members of the household. So, Exige is on the backburner until those are complete. I will live vicariously through your pics and posts here.
I don’t think that I could not not drive mine at least a couple times a year!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
878 Posts
Oh my goodness, what did you do? I was dying on the inside when I couldn’t drive mine for the 7 months it was in storage. I couldn’t imagine multiple years! I’m now in the south and I theoretically could drive it year round with maybe a week here and there where it doesn’t get above 40°F at some point in the day, but those will be rare. Best of luck putting the car back together and soon! I’m hoping to see this group come back a bit. When I left a few years ago it was tough to get a handful of cars. I’m hoping you get a good turnout @PERVRSEWI and I hope all the roads are paved well. Someone should double check some of the roads since construction is always in season.

If any of you ever feel like heading south or want to meet at the Tail, hit me up since I don’t know many owners down here yet and I love seeing familiar faces! But when you do meet up for this drive, post lots of pictures!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Oh my goodness, what did you do?
Broke the shifter off. Decided to pull the rear clam to install a shift111R, BOE hinge, and a few other misc things. Then I got other orders, so it sits on jackstands in the shed.

Reactions: ShadowWulf369
1 - 20 of 47 Posts