The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great Saturday.

In total we performed 5 A/C mods (removing the footwell plates), did the "extend the remote range" mod on Lisa's car, installed the Aerocatch Lid Latch on Dave's (Darksol) car:cool:, made an aluminum bracket/mount for Mike's air pressure monitoring system to mount below the HVAC controls, pressure bled Derek's brakes, fixed the headlight housing on Ben's Elise, Did the lumbar mod on Derek's beautiful elise, ate some good lunch, and did a fair amount of BS'ing...:eek:

Fantastic day and we got a lot of stuff done:coolnana:

Here are a few pics with some cheesey commentary:p

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more again...

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
couple more...

Attachments

·
Banned
874 Posts
lol nice pics

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
what a great meeting....doing mods together!

can you explain or send a link to the "extend the remote range" and the A/c mod?

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what a great meeting....doing mods together!

can you explain or send a link to the "extend the remote range" and the A/c mod?

I think it's in the uber post. You basically pull the antenna wire for the alarm out of the wiring harness so that's it's not surrounded by other wires. Then you add about 10 inches of wire to it. You're left with like 50 feet of remote range:eek::cool: Which beats the tar out of the 5 feet of reception they have from the factory....

Best,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good GTG, Phil!
Thanks for taking all the pics Mike! Let me know if you guys want a CD with all the photos- There were like 95 of them...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
104 Posts
Definitely good times! And thank you to Derek for the clay bar job. It is so slick, I think I got 35mpg on the way back to Lawrence.

Saw a green '05 Elise with Washington plates in Lawrence today left a calling card after stealing his windscreen :) hopefully they don't put the two together.
Coworker also saw a silver/grey one in Lawrence yesterday.

Are our cars leading secret lives and multiplying behind our backs?

·
purveyor of lightness
4,135 Posts
Yeah we all need "HEY YOU!" windshield cards to keep with us.

I know absolutely nothing about clay bars and stuff - I'm a wash-n-go microfiber towel dry kind of guy. What is this "wax" you speak of? ;)

Mike please PM me with your detail guy info.

Phil, I'd love a CD with pics... you could also dump PORSCHE TRACK photos on there while you're at it ;) ;)

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the purple one we were talking about is now up for sale!
*** 2005 Lotus Elise *** RARE AUBERGINE PURPLE!!!

Best,

Phil

PS- I hope we can put another "tech GTG" together before the end of the year... let me know who's interested...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Looks like the purple one we were talking about is now up for sale!
*** 2005 Lotus Elise *** RARE AUBERGINE PURPLE!!!

Best,

Phil

PS- I hope we can put another "tech GTG" together before the end of the year... let me know who's interested...
I want a purple one bad. Wife is not in to 2 Elises. Damn. I didn't know there was one in KC?

I can help anyone with a detail - it is about the only thing in life I'm good at. Perhaps I ought to have a detail get together at the house?

Anyway, about 4 times a year I'll clay it (whole thing including windows and lights, and then put 2 or 3 coats of a good wax. Really gets the shine going for a long time. I use trimshine on all the plastic. Lexol on the leather. If you've got shiny wheels, we can wax them too (makes them much easier to clean at the car wash later on.)

I'm an absolute fruitcake when it comes to detailing. I used to take apart the dash in my Wranglers to clean all the joints between panels...GF at the time thought I should be committed.

Anyway this paint really responds well to a good wax - you can make it reflect images even when the car is dirty.

Sounds like the meet was a great time, I'm looking forward to the next one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well look at these photos i've dug up... seems i've spotted some of you guys throughout the years without knowing it...i've also seen a black and a silver elise in lawrence, plus a red first gen elise on mass street...hope i'm not cluttering up the thread with these...

the first two photos are at runoffs 07, the third (same car) is at runoffs 06, the fourth is also at runoffs 07, and the fifth photo turbophil? is at the last hpt track day a few weeks ago...

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
well look at these photos i've dug up... seems i've spotted some of you guys throughout the years without knowing it...i've also seen a black and a silver elise in lawrence, plus a red first gen elise on mass street...hope i'm not cluttering up the thread with these...

the first two photos are at runoffs 07, the third (same car) is at runoffs 06, the fourth is also at runoffs 07, and the fifth photo turbophil? is at the last hpt track day a few weeks ago...
Yep! The red one's mine.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ep... thats me on the bottom... so who are you and where's your lotus:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
ep... thats me on the bottom... so who are you and where's your lotus:D
lol im a student at ku but an elise (exige?:drool:) is def in my radar within 10 years-ish... by then you all will be bored with them right heheh
lotus will come first then a 348ts then a maserati coupe if im yet to be satisfied lol... we shall see what the future holds...

·
Registered
727 Posts
lol im a student at ku but an elise (exige?:drool:) is def in my radar within 10 years-ish... by then you all will be bored with them right heheh
lotus will come first then a 348ts then a maserati coupe if im yet to be satisfied lol... we shall see what the future holds...
Hard to say what Lotus will have in ten years, but once you've driven an Elise, Ferrari and Maserati won't hold a candle unless your just trying to display your wealth!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts