The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We leave on the 13th heading through Northern NM, and AZ, through the Grand Canyon and we will get to Vegas on Saturday night. We leave Vegas on Monday and head through Death Valley to Mammoth Mountain. We leave on Wednesday and head to the Redwoods. Then we will head to SF. We will be there for the weekend and will head to LA on Sunday. We will leave on Tuesday and head to San Diego and stay until Friday to head back to Texas. Planning on taken as much of the coastal highways as possible from the Redwoods to San Diego. I have tons of fun things planned. Off road rally trucks in Vegas, Skiing at Mammoth, possible rafting if they allow it before the Redwoods, Jet skis in San Diego. Riding in a biplane...
Anyways, looking to have a great trip.:coolnana: I would love to see some Lotus cars along the way and since I am taking this trip right after getting my car back from the shop(stupid- yes - i know), newly turbocharged:shift: I would like to have a few people along the way just in case something were to go wrong.

Leave me something here or feel free to call or text me at 512-964-7399.

Thanks an Elise! <-a ton.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Great trip. I have done a 4500 mile road trip in the Elise, and a 7100 mile road trip in my Exige 260. For my Elise trip, I covered 80% of what you are doing.

Have fun, be safe out there. I am in LA, if you need anything.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
White water rafting in Kern is your best bet. What are the dates? You can do two for tuesdays. If I was around I'd come up for some rafting. I was planning on it anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like we can manipulate our schedule a little bit to go rafting on Tuesday. The two for Tuesdays Snap Crackle Pop on the Upper Kern looks like the best for us. I need to call and verify that they will be rafting. I called one last week and they weren't doing any of the 'more dangerous' trips because of the amount of snow melting raising the river level.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be sure to check highway conditions. Highway 1 (Pacific Coast) was closed south of Carmel in Big Sur. it's a long detour around it.

Caltrans says (5/11/11)
" SR 1
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED 3.2 MI SOUTH OF GORDA (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO A LAND SLIDE
- MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE "

Hwy 25 past Pinnacles National Monument is more fun anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts