The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the site - www.lotuscars.com.au
in Australia and noted that the only Yellow offered is a (pearlescent paint) Lightning Yellow, not Saffron. Any photos
pertaining to the new Elise there are Lightning, containing no orangey cast, and not Saffron. Examine the internals at the above site to see for yourselves.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Ridge,
ACP's car sure looks like saffron. I did go to the site, they do list the colors, I see they've added the 111R to the lineup, but I'm not sure they updated the color choices, kind of confusing.,
Chris

·
Registered
963 Posts
The photo posted of that 111R looks like it's Saffron to me. Didn't the guy even say it was Saffron? I'd believe him over a Lotus website at this point.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zvezdah1 said:
HI Ridge,
ACP's car sure looks like saffron. I did go to the site, they do list the colors, I see they've added the 111R to the lineup, but I'm not sure they updated the color choices, kind of confusing.,
Chris
Go into the internals at the site and click on colors. There, you will see photos, some of which have been bandied about as being Saffron but they are Lightning and stated as such.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Go into the internals at the site and click on colors. There, you will see photos, some of which have been bandied about as being Saffron but they are Lightning and stated as such.
Ridge! You're obsessing over this yellow thing...it's not good for your health.:D

A. I would think the owner knows what color car he has.

B. You seem to have unbounded faith in a Lotus web site. Haven't we all had enough experience with that one? Where you were looking at the colors, the chart indicated that it was for the 111 and Sport 111. It's an old color chart (de ja vu). But if your faith runs that deep, check out this location on that same web site, it has all the current color names listed (Saffron is the only yellow available):

http://www.lotuscars.com.au/vehicle_comparison.html

C. It's not orange. Some taxicabs may be painted that color, some not. Same with school busses. It's yellow already...

Whew...I feel better now. :)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ChrisB said:
Ridge! You're obsessing over this yellow thing...it's not good for your health.:D

C. It's not orange. Some taxicabs may be painted that color, some not. Same with school busses. It's yellow already...

LMAO:D :D :D I could not have said it better:D

Is there a doctor in the house? Ridge needs a chill pill:D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
hermanslotus said:
94,990 AUD = $73,759 USD

Yes the Ozzies do pay a lot more for the Toyota Elise than we do.

Mitch
Let’s not forget that the AU tax rate on cars is huge and that number is included in the price they quote. Does anyone know what the percentage is?

·
Registered
157 Posts
My car is Saffron and not Lightening which is pearlescent and much lighter and more lemony. Saffron is a solid colur. Lightening is no longer available in Australia or NZ.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Patricko said:
Let’s not forget that the AU tax rate on cars is huge and that number is included in the price they quote. Does anyone know what the percentage is?
Patricko,

I just got off the phone with my budy down in OZ. He told me the tax rate on cars is 30 to 40%. Good God they really do pay a lot more for cars than we do. Yes the Tax is already figured into the final price of the car like in Europe.

Mitch

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cars in Australia are approximately twice the price of cars in the US - consider yourselves lucky!!!!! and you only have to wait a few extra months!!!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ACP said:
Cars in Australia are approximately twice the price of cars in the US - consider yourselves lucky!!!!! and you only have to wait a few extra months!!!!
Anton,

Yes, while visiting Australia twice last year I noticed just how crazy car prices were down under. For example a brand new Exige will list for 125,000 AUD thats about $97,062 USD. Now thats wild!!!!

I feel for all of you down under,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ACP said:
My car is Saffron and not Lightening which is pearlescent and much lighter and more lemony. Saffron is a solid colur. Lightening is no longer available in Australia or NZ.
Your Lotus site needs updating.....but the photos there of the Lightning Elise are excellent.
No hint of orange......it being a pure yellow. Bright sun on your paint does give off a slightly orange cast.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Patricko said:
LMAO:D :D :D I could not have said it better:D

Is there a doctor in the house? Ridge needs a chill pill:D
I am intent on doing a whole book on ' The Differences Between Saffron, Lightning
and Norfolk Yellows......Morning, Noon,
Night, Sunny, Cloudy days!' P.S. - I will have a chapter devoted to Taxis and
the classic schoolbus.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The old norfolk mustard, now their was a taxicab yellow if ever their was one, you could hardly see the yellow for the orange!!:D

Chris

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank goodness we only had two reds,
that are as far apart as day & night, to
select from. They could 'easily' have thrown in some Calypso, Ruby and who knows what else with color chips that
would be at least 3 shades off the actual color.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ChrisB said:

A. I would think the owner knows what color car he has.

B. You seem to have unbounded faith in a Lotus web site. Haven't we all had enough experience with that one? Where you were looking at the colors, the chart indicated that it was for the 111 and Sport 111. It's an old color chart (de ja vu). But if your faith runs that deep, check out this location on that same web site, it has all the current color names listed (Saffron is the only yellow available):

http://www.lotuscars.com.au/vehicle_comparison.html

I have it on good authority that a Lotus worker heaved up his guts coming out of the local pub and his yellowish vomit contained some of the orange he had consumed.
Luckily, the Hethel Color-Control Team
was 'johnnie on the spot', scooping up the stuff and rushing back to the lab so as to duplicate this color for the next Elise yellow offering.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts