The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though neither Lotus finished, it was worth watching for the commercial advertising the new Lotus Evora. It was shown twice. Once during around lap 22 and at the end before the podium ceremony. We're not dead yet!
(IMHO Lotus need to lose the Renault engine. The narrators remarked several times how under-powered it is.)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I'D FIRE THE WHOLE MECHANIC CREW, THE FEW RACES I'VE SEEN LATELY THE CARS DON'T EVEN MAKE THE SECOND TURN BEFORE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE HAPPENS, AT LEAST DANICA CRASHES HER CAR AGAINST THE WALL WHICH MAKES FOR A GOOD HIGHLIGHT REEL...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
ok..
1) cool commercial, i never thought Lotus had done any commercials ever, so a very nice suprise, thank you.
2) At the risk of thread jacking - at the end of the Vid, 1 of the follow on YouTube choices was Chazz getting pulled over in Missouri, and he got the whole thing on film. I did not know if you guys had seen it - I missed it when it got posted. So - here is that link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyr9yZbQPII#t=12

Anyway, back to our regular programming...

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I'D FIRE THE WHOLE MECHANIC CREW, THE FEW RACES I'VE SEEN LATELY THE CARS DON'T EVEN MAKE THE SECOND TURN BEFORE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE HAPPENS, AT LEAST DANICA CRASHES HER CAR AGAINST THE WALL WHICH MAKES FOR A GOOD HIGHLIGHT REEL...

Ha! rotfl

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes. Sadly it's a 40 second excerpt of just the start-up scene and parking garage drive. You never see any people at all. I hoped it was new. Boo-hoo!
Old or new ad, at least Lotus is doing some advertising. :clap: Maybe one day people won't ask "Who makes Lotus?"

·
Registered
7,243 Posts

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
I thought it was brilliant. Low budget? Almost no budget. Got attention. Made it's point.

And geez a superbland silver P car is at least as bland as those faceless people

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Just saw this one for the first time on CNN today. Evidently, it's been posted on Youtube since March 12th. but it was new to me and source of pride (even though 11th place is the best we could do at Bahrain...)

Lotus F1 Team uses the Microsoft Cloud to help win - YouTube
No wonder Lotus charges so much for a stupid heat transfer shirt, they are on a Cloud, did you guys hear Oscar Pistorius missed the race? I have a feeling he will miss the next Australian race too..-eek-:)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i've seen the ad on network tv lately. It's pretty cool exposure... now when we head out on the road, more people will have heard the name "Lotus". Not that anyone pays attention to commercials.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts