The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lotus racers, just wanted to let you know that Speedventures is hosting a two day event at Auto Club Speedway on August 15th and 16th. They will be running the full ROVAL! I was just at the track last weekend and it was lots of fun. They have an amazing deal also. $189 for 1 day. They've informed me that there are a limited number of free transponders available as well as some free garage spots. If we can get 5 or more signed up, we will get a reduced rate as well.

You can sign up at Speed Ventures - Track Events for Everyone!. See you out on that oval!! :shift:

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
oohhhhhhh, hey greg, this is tempting!
What day are you gonna be there?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I plan to be there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oohhhhhhh, hey greg, this is tempting!
What day are you gonna be there?
Eddie,
I would have loved to go both days, but since I was there just this past weekend, I need to compromise a bit with the wifey, so I'm planning on being there on Sunday. I noticed jplotus and another Lotus have already signed up. Maybe a few more will sign up and we can all have a bit of fun. Hope you can make it. For only $189 for the day and a free transponder and garage, it would totally be worth it! And maybe if 5 guys on this forum sign up, we can get the group discount too! Hope to see you there!

Greg

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'm thinking about showing up for the autocross.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AJ said today he is going too.
See you there agirls...feel free to bring cupcakes again. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
So far it's jplotus and me, P Dang (Phong) would love to meet some more LT members. I'll be there on Sunday. I'm still a rookie, but bumping up to the blue group. Lets go people SIGN UP!

·
Registered
269 Posts
this looks like fun, i was there in may with a stock bmw 135i, i think i will go one day next weekend, either with the bmw with new dinan suspension or the elise (if I can replace the rear tires before next weekend)...probably saturday though

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
esoteric - what day are you going to be there?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
So far it's jplotus and me, P Dang (Phong) would love to meet some more LT members. I'll be there on Sunday. I'm still a rookie, but bumping up to the blue group. Lets go people SIGN UP!
come say hi. you'll find my car in the garages. I can takeyou out and show you the line if you are new to the track. Oh add here is some video that might help YouTube - Autoclub Speedway Lotus Exige

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
come say hi. you'll find my car in the garages. I can takeyou out and show you the line if you are new to the track. Oh add here is some video that might help
AJ, I'm not new to the track but I'd love to go out with you and see how you pull a 1:51......:bow:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
sure....That 1:51 was on Hoosiers. I'll only have R888s this time but I'm actually hoping to get into the 49s or 50s

·
Registered
56 Posts
come say hi. you'll find my car in the garages. I can takeyou out and show you the line if you are new to the track. Oh add here is some video that might help YouTube - Autoclub Speedway Lotus Exige
Thanks AJ! You probably don't remember, but I had planned to ride with you last Nov. (Roval) I missed my one chance because I had to go off site to get lunch. This time I'll be prepared (and ready to ride in that EXIGE)....that's if you're not full, as I understand sometimes a driver wants to go out alone and take care of business

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Damn, Count me IN for a ride in the high forty's/low fifty's!!!!! :shift:
Greg, let's just chase his a$$....you can do it!

I'm still seeing if I can make this one....

AJ, what's your car dyno'g at now? How are your intercooler temps running?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
low to mid 270s at the wheels. at Laguna Seca I never saw more than 155 IAT. I just looked at the weather, with the temps as high as they are I think I'll call off my attempts to beat my personal bests, oh well

Eddie you gonna be there too?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Greg, let's just chase his a$$....you can do it!

I'm still seeing if I can make this one....
Eddie,
With a stock engine and a suspension that's not set up properly, I'd be happy just hanging on his tail for the first half lap. I've seen AJ's video. He's like one gear ahead of me all over the track. So don't know how much chasing there's gonna be but I'll give it a shot.

You have to make it!!! It will be a blast. Just a few of us to push ourselves to lower our laptimes. I'm shooting for 1:56-1:57. I think that's the best I can hope for the way my car is right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts