The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From advise of other Elise Owners in Cincinnati, I just took my Elise in for service with Auto Europe in Birmingham MI, a good 4 hour trip. I would like to say it was wellworth it. Tom Schick, the service manager provided excellent service.
True Lotus enthusiasts ...............great shop, wonderful staff.
For this long time Lotus owner it was a pleasure (This in number twelve Lotus)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yep...nothing but the best up there.... Charles is amazing....he LIVES Lotus. :clap:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The thought of driving back to Michigan for service at AE has crossed my mind many times in the past.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was actually there getting an oil change on my M3 when you walked in. I suppose that I sort of take their distance for granted (about five miles). They are great! If you are hanging around through the weekend, Randy will be in town for a meet at a local brewery Monday night..

From advise of other Elise Owners in Cincinnati, I just took my Elise in for service with Auto Europe in Birmingham MI, a good 4 hour trip. I would like to say it was wellworth it. Tom Schick, the service manager provided excellent service.
True Lotus enthusiasts ...............great shop, wonderful staff.
For this long time Lotus owner it was a pleasure (This in number twelve Lotus)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Completely agree. Tom was a huge helping with my purchase of a used '05. It was a private sale (not from Auto Europe), but he went out of his way to review the service records and thoroughly check out the car for me. It gave me great piece of mind purchasing the car from a distance. When I' in the market for a new Lotus, I will definitely purchase from Auto Europe.

Tom also let me know that he has a hauler with space for 2 Elises that sometimes makes a trip to Cincinnati to service cars for another Cincinnati area Lotus owner. I'm not sure how much it costs for the service, but if anyone else in the Cincinnati area is interested in checking the cost and potentially coordinating a pickup for service at the same time, let me know.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
only 3.5 hours from Cleveland...better then the 7 hours that I drive now for service..

Anyone know if they do aftermarket part installs?? I have accusump, suspension, SS lines and pads that I need installed. Also want to get alignment and corner balance done.. would be curious to know if they have done that before.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
only 3.5 hours from Cleveland...better then the 7 hours that I drive now for service..

Anyone know if they do aftermarket part installs?? I have accusump, suspension, SS lines and pads that I need installed. Also want to get alignment and corner balance done.. would be curious to know if they have done that before.
Anything you can dream of, they can do. Charles worked on my Elise; put a Sachs suspension on, corner balanced, and it's perfect. You can't go wrong !

·
Registered
337 Posts
Cory1000 - check my signature. All work done by Auto Europe :D including complete teardown and rebuild of transmission to install Quaife and corner-weight / suspension install to some very particular specs. No problems.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tom and the rest of his Crew are Lotus Guru's. Charles and Ben are no less than outstanding and professional at the shop or on the track. They will do whatever it takes to satisfy their Customers. No one works on my Lotus but them!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Old thread... but thanks for the kind words guys! Charles IS a master Lotus tech and a all around great guy.
Im thinking of getting my track pack lowered to the 120mm and corner weighted. As a guesstimate...how much time does this take to do? If I make a drive up from columbus just wanted to know what I was in for.

Thanks

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Charles had mine done in a day..... I'm sure they could do it the same day. Talk to Tom in service.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Well, I got a lot of other work done at the same time.......but the price was WELL worth the extra handling !!!!!! Just call them, they'll give you a ballpark figure.... They're great to work with.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Tell them John sent ya !! rotfl ( No, I don't get a commission ! )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will do.
By an off chance do your remember roughly how much it was to do?
A normal 4 wheel alignment costs about $165 bucks. With corner balancing, I wanna say roughly $225-250 depending on labor. Charles is the man, and he will not let you down. I get a kick outta just workin with him.

Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts