The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Clyde, I would like to see some better pics of it (different angles), but I think the interior looks much more unified. The dash looks good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
definately more functional. in person the dash looks better than any pic could do it justice. besides you don't need a navigator to change CD's

·
Registered
40 Posts
do you have the pics of the tach? imo the tach that lotus currently has for hte elise kind of makes it look cheap....my fathers 911's tach looks superb...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
definately more functional. in person the dash looks better than any pic could do it justice. besides you don't need a navigator to change CD's
You just need a navigator to hold your latte:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The hidden exhaust is a significant improvement over the previous pictures. I definitely don't like the speakers on the dash or the carpeting (of course) and I hope there's no lock out ring on the shifter. Probably a tired record by now but: the simpler, the better.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ya hachu said:
I hope there's no lock out ring on the shifter.
What does a Celica have?

The gearbox pretty much determines this, so if the Cerlica has sucha lockout then the Fed-Elise probably will too.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What is up with the red illumination :-( The blue was a highlight of the s111 I saw. I wonder if that is due to US regulation. White would have been a better choice than red.

The speakers in the dash look to be 6.25 or 6.5's should be easy to upgrade. I think it would be good to put separates in with the tweeters in the door.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Hmmm, I always thought a lock out ring like when you have to life or push the gear shift knob (sometimes theres a "ring" around the base of the knob).

The worst part of the celica is that even though it took a moron to accidentally put it into reverse instead of first due to the tug it required to put it in reverse, toyota designed a "back-up beep" when it was in reverse gear. Kind of like one of the warnings you get when you leave the keys in the ignition when the car door is open. Really annoying! Atleast the beep is only audible from the interior.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You'll also note that this car has the fog lights. Judging from teh interior shots and this, there still may be some changes from this versoin to the american one.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think the button is for the hazzard blinkers?

That button by the shifter looks like it might be red, so that's why I'm guessing it's the hazzard button.

As for the lift-up ring, my old SVT Contour had that. I was told it was there because the SVT Contours transmission was fully synchronized so it was possible to catch reverse at speed. I don't know if it's true or not and I personally never tried, but I can tell you that once you're used to it, it's really not a bother.

Bob K.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: I think the button is for the hazzard blinkers?

rtking said:
That button by the shifter looks like it might be red, so that's why I'm guessing it's the hazzard button.

As for the lift-up ring, my old SVT Contour had that. I was told it was there because the SVT Contours transmission was fully synchronized so it was possible to catch reverse at speed. I don't know if it's true or not and I personally never tried, but I can tell you that once you're used to it, it's really not a bother.

Bob K.
I had one in my car until I put in a short shifter which included a replacement lock out I didn't install. Even after moving the car back to stock, I left it off and am much happier with it that way. It's not a big deal as I'd just remove it but I've never gotten around to doing the custom stitching on the shift boot and I don't know that my laziness would subside enough for the Elise's shift boot. Also, hopefully some day I'll be competitive in autocross and I'd hate to have someone get me reclassified or disqualified for removing it. The dash speakers might be a bit more of a hassle since I'd want to disconnect them (but leave the speakers in, due to classification worries again) and would want to do something to make the housing better integrated into the dash. I'd have rather they upgraded the speakers above the side sills - which are much better positioned - or the head unit if they wanted to do a real upgrade to the audio system. Hopefully the dash speakers are part of the same option package that includes the carpeting so I can disregard them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't much care for the look of the speakers on the dash. If they 'have' to be there, I would hope the grills would be flush.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts