The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase an Elise approaching 30,000miles. I was wondering where do you guys usually go to do the 30k maintenance (or if needed to be done?)

If I remember right, the spark plugs need to be change and some other things like coolant that need to be replaced.

What store would you recommend in AZ? And what are the prices I should be expecting? Thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I can only offer an anti-recommendation for Ferrari/Lotus of Scottsdale. I have not found a shop in Arizona which I will let touch my car. I do all the basic stuff myself; major work goes to the shops in California.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yup....I'll take mine to EVO if/when it needs it.

I'd sell it before I'd ever take it to a dealership!

·
Registered
200 Posts
You guys are talking about the new Lotus dealership on McDowell? Are they that bad?

I do a lot of my own work but sometimes I just run into situations where I don't have the equipment to perform the task (like alignments). Seems like a Lotus dealership would at least have a passing knowledge of how to set our cars up but I haven't taken my car there yet so I can't say one way or another.

All I can say is that EVO is seriously expensive.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I've had a lot of success with the local Lotus dealership. I bought my Evora there and have had several warranty issues done there (little things wrong with the Evora when I bought it).

Personally, I think them better than the original Scottsdale Lotus (located in North Scottsdale) which sold more exotic cars than Lotus and was poorly staffed for services. At least this new dealership (owned by Penske) gives me loaner cars when needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts