The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for inputs for auto transporter.

I have used horseless carriage before . While their service is outstanding, the price is just a little bit to steep for me. So im shopping around for some good value transporter.

Most of the ones that come up from search engines are brokers and and im a little bit weary in dealing with them. However, im willing to entertain the idea if they are reputable and have good feedback.

Any inputs are appreciated

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
Covered many times.

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Covered many times.

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com
Yes i did a search and the threads last post is a couple of years old. Just checking if there are new prefered transporters.
:smile2:

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,250 Posts
You could ask in that thread rather than creating a new one that references it perhaps.

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
Yes i did a search and the threads last post is a couple of years old. Just checking if there are new prefered transporters.
:smile2:
I don't think that's correct. There was another a few months ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Damn and I was told lotus owners are cool and chill people. Making a new thread gets so much hate here? Even if a topic is beaten to death, I don't see it hurting anyone or anything, why make an effort to post and put down the OP? If you see a topic on a new thread that displeases you, DON'T CLICK on it!

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
Damn and I was told lotus owners are cool and chill people. Making a new thread gets so much hate here? Even if a topic is beaten to death, I don't see it hurting anyone or anything, why make an effort to post and put down the OP? If you see a topic on a new thread that displeases you, DON'T CLICK on it!
There are suggestions & comments, but "hate" is in your imagination.

Wouldn't it be best if all the info was on one thread vs. 5?

Many of us have been here for 13 or so years. We grow tired of the same topic coming up every few months/yrs.

·
Registered
977 Posts
As they say, "teach a man to fish." Not only did he make a reasonable suggestion and reminder to expand threads rather than dupe them, he also pointed out the best way to search LT in case OP didn't know. He didn't just respond with "search" as you would find on MOST forums.

I would absolutely say Lotus owners and this community are "cool and chill people," and I'm honestly surprised that you found the response to be inflammatory. It's a small community. But for those of us that frequent the site, it gets frustrating to see duped threads - consolidation makes the experience better for everyone. @glb is doing "God's work" rotfl

·
He's on fire!
3,089 Posts
Some people's skin is so thin I'm surprised they survive the internet. The reason questions get asked over and over again is because "new thread" is easier than searching. Often "new thread" results in someone doing the search for you!

As far as transport goes, in this case I'd actually be biased toward older information - ie more likely to trust a company people have had good experiences with, and is still around, than a more recent discovery with only a few case studies. ymmv

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
As they say, "teach a man to fish." Not only did he make a reasonable suggestion and reminder to expand threads rather than dupe them, he also pointed out the best way to search LT in case OP didn't know. He didn't just respond with "search" as you would find on MOST forums.

I would absolutely say Lotus owners and this community are "cool and chill people," and I'm honestly surprised that you found the response to be inflammatory. It's a small community. But for those of us that frequent the site, it gets frustrating to see duped threads - consolidation makes the experience better for everyone. @glb is doing "God's work" rotfl
um....er.....Okay, but I'm an atheist.....

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'll try to add to this thread, maybe there are more specifics in other threads. But OP sounds like they won't get along well here.
I've found no one wants to move what they deem as an exotic car.

So finding drivers at standard rates can be difficult.
Most of the cheap companies that may bid on shipping the car aren't the transport companies they're basically resellers.

Watch this video, Rob Feretti pretty much nails it:

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
A lot of companies got very good reviews in those threads. Not sure what "I've found no one wants to move what they deem as an exotic car" means. These firms deliver Ferraris, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for inputs for auto transporter.

I have used horseless carriage before . While their service is outstanding, the price is just a little bit to steep for me. So im shopping around for some good value transporter.

Most of the ones that come up from search engines are brokers and and im a little bit weary in dealing with them. However, im willing to entertain the idea if they are reputable and have good feedback.

Any inputs are appreciated

Thanks
It is the shadiest industry I have ever dealt with. The brokers are so sleazy and cutthroat that they make payday lenders look like Boy Scouts. It's all verbal promises and pass-the-buck ("talk to my subcontractor's subcontractor") and no paperwork or contracts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts