The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I thought about joining, but I couldn't part with the $10K at the time and the $3K/yr is kind of steep, IMHO.

So, I won't be going there until my first event with a club there.

I was hoping to be at Gingerman, but I don't think I'll have my alignment done by then (installed new shocks/springs).

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meat said:
I thought about joining, but I couldn't part with the $10K at the time and the $3K/yr is kind of steep, IMHO.

So, I won't be going there until my first event with a club there.

I was hoping to be at Gingerman, but I don't think I'll have my alignment done by then (installed new shocks/springs).
It's $20k now apparently...

I skipped joining for similar reasons - though I'm beginning to regret it now. I'm just going on the 26th to check out the track and get a ride at "touring speeds" around the track if Gingerman doesn't happen for some reason. I'm really not too excited about Gingerman anyway as I'll be driving a friends car if I do go out for a session and I don't like beating on other people's vehicles.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think membership is $15K right now - they haven't reached 150 members.

I also have issues with getting my money out at some point. They say that you have a 30% "equity" in your membership so when you sell you get 30% of the price, but will the memberships fill up and when you want to sell can you sell yours outright or does the club have to sell them in the order people want out?

While the thought of unlimited tracktime is good, $3K is more than I pay for track time each year and it is all at one track (ok - two tracks). But I like to hit G-man, Grattan, Road America, Waterford Hills, Blackhawk, Putnam, etc.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meat said:
I think membership is $15K right now - they haven't reached 150 members.

I also have issues with getting my money out at some point. They say that you have a 30% "equity" in your membership so when you sell you get 30% of the price, but will the memberships fill up and when you want to sell can you sell yours outright or does the club have to sell them in the order people want out?

While the thought of unlimited tracktime is good, $3K is more than I pay for track time each year and it is all at one track (ok - two tracks). But I like to hit G-man, Grattan, Road America, Waterford Hills, Blackhawk, Putnam, etc.
Yea the way they handle members selling their memberships seemed odd to me too... not sure exactly what they mean, but I do plan to ask them about that if I end up making it to that tour.

Another reason why I didn't join was because when I sat down and thought about it, I figured that if I did join, I'd end up being there every chance I got to justify being a member to myself... which would undoubtedly lead to lots of cash coming out of my pockets to pay for maintenance/repairs on my car(s).

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
If it is like most membership country clubs the price of a share should go through the roof in a few years so you probably won't loose any $. On the other hand you may end up making $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts