The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW- there's a British mag called Motor Sport, and in it's August '04 edition the cover story is 50 Years of Team Lotus- great article w/ before unrealeased photos of Chapman.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for posting that!

I must say, I'm rather amazed that the Subaru Impreza T-25 finished ahead of the Elise (and the Gallardo!). After driving my STi and Elise back-to-back, there is no question as to which I prefer to drive on the track and street.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Dan said:
Is Lotus going to retrofit this "fix" to existing Elises?
I doubt that they would offer this fix for free to exisiting Elises, but if the solution is simple, the cost of doing so would be minimal.

Personally, it's a good thing that people complain about things like this because it produces a better car for the rest of us. While it is good to be appreciative of the car, constructive criticism is invaluable.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks for the post.
Looks like the CO Exige press hack is waay past it's "sell by" date otherwise i think it would have ranked a little higher. Barely quicker than the elise on the Brabham straight indicates (to me) a lack of corner exit speed and a lack of power to maintain its downforce advantage over the Elise.

The Cat EVO500 must have finally been optimised for circuit work. It had been set up to smash the 0-100-0 record and did poorly in the next circuit thrash following the record run.

m.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.