The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW- there's a British mag called Motor Sport, and in it's August '04 edition the cover story is 50 Years of Team Lotus- great article w/ before unrealeased photos of Chapman.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the post

Impressive company in the top rankings

First time I've heard someone comment about gearing being too long for the 111R. I guess it's relative

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for posting that!

I must say, I'm rather amazed that the Subaru Impreza T-25 finished ahead of the Elise (and the Gallardo!). After driving my STi and Elise back-to-back, there is no question as to which I prefer to drive on the track and street.

·
Registered
687 Posts
In fact the only black mark sits next to the brake pedal, which is too high and has an annoying inch of dead travel at the top. Lotus is rapidly trying to fix it.
Is Lotus going to retrofit this "fix" to existing Elises?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Dan said:
Is Lotus going to retrofit this "fix" to existing Elises?
I doubt that they would offer this fix for free to exisiting Elises, but if the solution is simple, the cost of doing so would be minimal.

Personally, it's a good thing that people complain about things like this because it produces a better car for the rest of us. While it is good to be appreciative of the car, constructive criticism is invaluable.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks for the post.
Looks like the CO Exige press hack is waay past it's "sell by" date otherwise i think it would have ranked a little higher. Barely quicker than the elise on the Brabham straight indicates (to me) a lack of corner exit speed and a lack of power to maintain its downforce advantage over the Elise.

The Cat EVO500 must have finally been optimised for circuit work. It had been set up to smash the 0-100-0 record and did poorly in the next circuit thrash following the record run.

m.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts