The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for something to do this weekend? Come out and test your skills at the PCA Chesapeake Region's Autocross at the Maryland State Police Training Facility in Sykesville... I will be there with the S-240 and there's also a Lotus Elan & Elise registered... Cost is $40.00 and it's well worth it... So come on out and test your skills... You will have a lot of fun :shift:

Goto: ClubRegistration.net and select the event to register... For more information and direction go to: Chesapeake Region PCA: Autocross

I look forward to seeing a few fellow Lotus owners out there on Saturday...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bull: I have just registered for my first AutoX!!!:shift:

Any further info you could provide would be most appreciated and I look forward to seeing you again on Saturday! Tiffany wants to know if Gina will be attending?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bull: I have just registered for my first AutoX!!!:shift:

Any further info you could provide would be most appreciated and I look forward to seeing you again on Saturday! Tiffany wants to know if Gina will be attending?
Gina and the kids will be there... My son will be running my car in the 2nd heat... Gina will be there taking pictures for the newsletter... Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bull: do you know of a place I can purchase a helmet meeting the requirements for this event?

Helmets

All drivers and instructors must wear helmets. Helmets must be Snell ’95 approved or newer (M or SA rated). SA rating is recommended. DOT helmets are not permitted. A limited number of loaner helmets are available for the day. All drivers should invest in their own helmet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bull: do you know of a place I can purchase a helmet meeting the requirements for this event?

Helmets

All drivers and instructors must wear helmets. Helmets must be Snell ’95 approved or newer (M or SA rated). SA rating is recommended. DOT helmets are not permitted. A limited number of loaner helmets are available for the day. All drivers should invest in their own helmet.

We have extras there so you don't need to go get one right away... It's cheapest online which is where I found mine...

·
Registered
289 Posts
if you guys have a helmet for me, sign me up!

this might be a dumb question, but i've registered on the website however it doesn't let me sign up for the event anywhere. Can someone provide assistance.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
if you guys have a helmet for me, sign me up!

this might be a dumb question, but i've registered on the website however it doesn't let me sign up for the event anywhere. Can someone provide assistance.

We have plenty of extra helmets... Go to: ClubRegistration.net then you will see Autocross #4 2008... Click on VIEW... Then you can register...

FYI: We are up to 4 Lotus for this event... This should be a lot of fun... You have until tomorrow evening to pre-register... After that, you can register on-site day of event for an extra $5.00...

Please goto this site for more information: Chesapeake Region PCA: Autocross

Looks like an excellent showing so far for the Lotus group... I'm really looking forward to this event... You will get at least 5 runs... If you're new to this, we have instructors available to guide you through the course, if you think you need one...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
too late notice!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bull: I currently have the stock AD07 tires mounted but also have a full set of the A048 on LSS Rims. I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether I can mount the A048 for this AutoX event without having the LSS Shocks as stock... your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Bull: I currently have the stock AD07 tires mounted but also have a full set of the A048 on LSS Rims. I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether I can mount the A048 for this AutoX event without having the LSS Shocks as stock... your thoughts?
Is anyone there going to be able to tell LSS shocks from standard by looking at them?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is anyone there going to be able to tell LSS shocks from standard by looking at them?
I wouldn't think so but this is my first event in the Elise and I just want to be properly setup...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can mount the A048 if you like... You won't have any issues...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What an excellent day for an Autocross... There were 4 Lotus and everyone got 6 runs on the course...

Post your pictures!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had a great first time AutoX in the Elise!!!

I didn't end up needing the tape at all but it was indeed piece of mind:up:

My best time as I remember was 55.68 and the fastest time of the day was a 48... I'll repost when the actual times are posted (Bull-poke-)

If any fellow owners have yet to put your car on at least an AutoX course YOU SHOULD!!!

Here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
i don't have any of me, but i got some of david. this event was a great! thanks for getting us in on this. met some very coool ppl, and some very talented drivers. thanks to scott for teaching me some of the ropes.

i have a video of david in the blue elise, if you'd like me to post, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
unfortunately, i was wrong, i only have video of the S 240.

btw, that is one hell of a good lookin car, the color is simply amazing. i youtubed it and it's processing now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts