The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to start a thread in case other Michiganders missed munkleby breaking the news in the Criswell Demo thread.

http://www.autoeuropesales.com/news/news.html

Does anybody know anything about the demo? Which lucky EliseTalkers have the first couple spots in line?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks, I totally missed the news. That is good I was starting to wonder what was up. Now I will need to figure out when I can get up there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Of course, they would get their demo when I'm in Korea for the next month. I just hope its still there when I get back to the States.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AF-NCO said:
Of course, they would get their demo when I'm in Korea for the next month. I just hope its still there when I get back to the States.
No worries Brad, I'll drive it once for you and let you know what you thought of it!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
masheen said:
thanks. they were supposed to call me when it comes in.
Me too. I figure (hope) that they'll call deposit holders this afternoon. I'd appreciate it if the first couple of list members to get calls would post here. I'd like to see how the dealership is handling this. Again, hopefully they'll call me later and I'll know...

So who is going out there today to check it out? I'm not going to be able to make it until tomorrow at the earliest, but I'm really eager to see what I've been saving for.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
stop the presses ( i think )

I was up there for the dream cruise all day saturday, and the car they got ( the "press" car ) they cannot even drive. they were expecting three cars ( including their demo ) on friday, but they never showed up ( the delivery truck must've been in alaska or something )....

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That isn't the first Friday they've expected a delivery truck... I'm not thrilled about having a deposit at a dealership that hasn't yet delivered a car.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Makes ya wonder what they did with all that deposit money...........................................

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'm there tomorrow !!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just talked to Aaron. He said to give him a half hour notice when I'm going to come in for a spin, but that it's no problem.

The demo is Krypton Green with touring and sport. They also have a couple of racing green, a couple of ardent red customer cars, and something else that slips my mind.

I'm fighting with my insurance company right now about the Audi. If I get it worked out I will be on my way to Detroit to pick the Audi up and DRIVE AN ELISE!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just stopped by there on my way back to the office, they have a black one too. (All the others, beside the green press car, were at the other building getting prepped).

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, here's the scoop. They have the green press car that nobody can drive. They had a red customer car about to be delivered, and the KG demo was being prepped and they were fitting it with LSS. They said that there were other cars at the other building as well.
Then there's that black car... It's black with touring and they call it their 'Over MSRP Car.' I asked where they got it and he said that they bought it from another dealer. Because I'd come such a long way and had talked to him that morning about driving the demo, he took me out in the black car. There's really not much left to review at this point... The fit and finish were good. I was relieved at how well mannered the car was. It was very civil. I'd drive it to work every day.
My biggest complaint was the shifter. I thought that the throw was too long and that it was 'notchy.' I sat in the press car and the pedals were PERFECT. I was thrilled. Then I got into the black car and the space between the brake and the gas was larger. It may have been my imagination, but I think that the gas pedal might also have been narrower. I was told that it is adjustable though.
I couldn't drive it hard at all (it only had a few miles on it so I had to keep it under 4 grand), but Aaron told me to come back when the demo with LSS is broken in to go for a real drive.
I can't thank the guys at AutoEurope enough for the hospitality today. I really like everybody that I've dealt with there and today's drive bolstered my enthusiasm for this wonderful car.
I'd call them before you drop in for test drives. It seems that lots of people with no intention of buying the car have heard that they have one and are coming in to ogle it. They've been very busy. If they know that you're a serious customer and are expecting you then I think that you'll get better treatment.

~Paul

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
An LSS car as a demo in DTW? Seems kinda crazy for those rough roads around Woodward.

Don't sweat the pedals. You'll quickly adjust to them.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
shinoo said:
An LSS car as a demo in DTW? Seems kinda crazy for those rough roads around Woodward.
I have driven a lot around Detroit. It may be the one place I know of I would regret having LSS.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Randy Chase said:
I have driven a lot around Detroit. It may be the one place I know of I would regret having LSS.
I'm look forward to giving LSS a go. I was surprised at how soft the standard suspension was. Woodward is the perfect place to see if I can live with LSS...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great! That puts a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

I just got an e-mail today from the dealer and checked here to see if there where pics yet. Is someone planning to do that?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts