The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else's dealer been stupid enough to run your car thru their automatic car wash. In the owners manual it states that it will void the warranty. I instructed my dealer twice on going in for service not to wash my car and yet my car was brought out to me partially wet. I had to ask for a towel to dry it completely. I have now noticed the Starshield lifting along several edges and I believe this may be do to the blow drier. I mentioned this to them and was told to take it up with Starshield. This is just a minor problem with this dealer compared to the other ways they have abused me. If you are wondering where these babbling idiots are, if I remember correctly I think they are located in Minneapolis.

Dave K

·
Registered
817 Posts
That stinks... my dealer hand washes the car in their garage...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Write a letter to Lotus asking for their help with your dealer. They should get the message after that.

Lotus needs to fix them right away. The world has enough *******s already :D

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
My "local" Lotus dealership washed my car with a pressure washer, flooded the boot, etc, etc, etc. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
All of this is why I ;

LOVE HRM -

They always return my car properly washed (sometimes waxed!) after it has been in their shop for some sort of service or upgrade.

It helps to have a dealership who understands and appreciates the Lotus marque rather than just making money from the brand.

I travel past at least 3 dealerships for this service - 3 1/2 hours each way.

Well worth the drive IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts