The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of the new owners gonna be brave enough to try their Elise in an automated carwash, the kind like down at the corner BP station? With no radio antennea to get snapped off and a nice snug top to prevent leaks, it might just work out OK.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (cough, cough... ahem!) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :p

Those automated car washes put thousands of scratches into your paint. Sure, they say they use very soft cloth towels that won' scratch... and for the most part, they don't. But the dirt and other particulates from other cars before you that have gotten stuck on that cloth WILL scratch your paint!

Nope... I will wash mine with a wash mit and dry with microfiber towels. (Even cotton towels will scratch.)

Bob

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
No. I'm concerned that I see the Elise go in but never see it come out. There are lots of places to loose a small car in those car washes :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was planning on using auto car washes all the time, sometimes stopping on the way to get my oil changed at the Jiffy Lube and then dropping by Pep Boys to purchase some cosmetic enhancements or have them check up on my Tornado upgrade to my air intake.

transio said:
I won't have to wash my Elise. The only filth in Miami is the people.
That reminds of Travis Bickle.
Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.
Transio, did I mention what a swell guy you are? <I>Please don't shoot me</I>

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I do all my own detailing, all of it. Never to car washes, in fact don't even let the dealer do a clean up on your car they will put swirl marks on it!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm saving my quarters for the hand car wash stall.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
star shield and car was at bp go together like ...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Not that I would do it, but I would imagine that one of the touchless carwashes (aka laserwash) would be ok. Just as long as it doesn't have any tire guides. Most of the new ones don't require you to do anything other than pull your car up to a certain distance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts