The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
kepstein said:
Could you further explain how this is done? Does this make it so that the imobiliser works in conjunction with arming the alarm (i.e. pushing the button)?

Thanks,
Ken
Ken you can find the manuals in:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6450

it will be hard to explain in a post but the manual will have the details on how to get to #7 in the functions table.

and yes, I believe that's what he meant, engine imobilizes only when the alarms is armed

Tyger, how many retries to enter your security code? :) good job, I thought doing it but don't have the patience and would have to find my pin ;)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I have a question,

This is the function table:

1 blink Immobilizer on, alarm on, siren continous
2 blinks Immobilizer on, alarm on, siren Intermittent
3 blinks Immobilizer on, alarm on, siren controlled by B button in fob
4 blinks Immobilizer on, alarm off, siren continous
5 blinks Immobilizer on, alarm off, siren Intermittent
6 blinks Immobilizer on, alarm off, siren controlled by B button in fob
7 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm on, siren continous
8 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm on, siren Intermittent
9 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm on, siren controlled by B button in fob
10 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm off, siren continous
11 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm off, siren Intermittent
12 blinks Immobilizer off, alarm off, siren controlled by B button in fob

Note that it doesn't say that the immobilizer will be armed when the alarm is on, meaning that someone could hot wire your car and drive it with the alarm buzzing.

Is that right?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
kepstein said:
Now that I have set it to #7, I would like to know if #6 was the default setting.

Thanks,
Ken
I changed mine to #7 too, and before I did it was in #1 (one blink) I think that's the default.

On a side funny note, after changing it, I kept on hearing the alarm warning after attempting to lock it. played around all the settings and try to reprogram it several times and kept on doing it.

After a while I noticed my trunk/engine lid was open :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
MyElise said:
It worked perfectly until I reprogrammed it. I don't think it is a hardware issue. I tried sitting in the car, enabling the alarm and then moving to test the motion sensor. It worked fine. Today I will try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery.
Do make sure everything is closed... mine was fine until I reprogrammed it, but for some reason my trunk lid wasn't closed :eek:

Miguel said:
I changed mine to #7 too, and before I did it was in #1 (one blink) I think that's the default.

On a side funny note, after changing it, I kept on hearing the alarm warning after attempting to lock it. played around all the settings and try to reprogram it several times and kept on doing it.

After a while I noticed my trunk/engine lid was open
:wallbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts