The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
After reprograming to turn of the Immobilizer "passive arming" I discovered 3 things:

Factory Default was Function "F" 6 blinks (know this by dash LED slow blinking & observation of system operation)
Immobilizer passive arm "ON"
Alarm passive arm "OFF"
Siren output by button "B"

Recomended on this forum is to re-programing to function G-7 blinks.
This did not work for me because now the alarm passively armed.
Immobilizer passive arm "OFF"
Alarm passive arm "ON" (alarm armed by itself after approx. 90 secs.
Siren continuous

I programed to function N-12 blinks...same as factory except immobilizer "OFF".
Immobilizer passive arm "OFF"
Alarm passive arm "OFF"
Siren output by button "B"

To know what function is currently set observe the series of blinks that are slow, this is the one.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Dave said:
I've tried to disable the passive immobilizer I don't know how many times, but can't get past number 1 below. Tyger has even walked me through on the phone with no luck. I have a 8186, install date 4/04. After entering the last digit of step one, the alarm/immobilizer disables fine, but the system light does not stay one, it extinguishes just like you pushed the button. Then on step 2, when I push/hold the large button, the lamp will not give a long blink, and I'm done. I've heard I'm not the only one that has a Cobra that behaves this way. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?
Have you followed the programing instructions in the Cobra Install Manual?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Dave said:
Thanks but I believe that's the same steps I posted above which were derived from the manual by Tyger. On that page 10, step 4, my alarm does disable fine after the last digit is sucessfully key-cycled (which indicates a correct code entry), but the light does not stay on solid when the key is turned back on.
Are you sure you have the correct four digit code?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Dave said:
Positive. After entry, the immobilizer disables, siren beeps, lights flash - just like when I use the fob. Car can then be started. I've tried entering a invalid code, and the immobilizer continues to stay armed. I've also used this code in the past when my fob battery went dead...code works fine.
So, puting in the correct code will not allow the LED to go on permanently & allow you to go into the "Mode" table. Perhaps you need to get the alarm module change out under warranty.

Just a thought, you seem to be doing this (page 10) with the immobilizer "ON", try it when "OFF"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.