The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
Tim, I didn't mean to imply that the content wasn't useful, but the manuals say 8168 and we have and 8186. In order to be considered current, I'd expect the manual to say 8186. One would think the same manual for the 8186 would be available.

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
Dave said:
I've tried to disable the passive immobilizer I don't know how many times, but can't get past number 1 below. Tyger has even walked me through on the phone with no luck. I have a 8186, install date 4/04. After entering the last digit of step one, the alarm/immobilizer disables fine, but the system light does not stay one, it extinguishes just like you pushed the button. Then on step 2, when I push/hold the large button, the lamp will not give a long blink, and I'm done. I've heard I'm not the only one that has a Cobra that behaves this way. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?
My alarm doesn't behave the way Tyger describes and does behave like yours. Tyger's procedure was to skip steps 1 & 2. After countless attempts skipping steps 1 & 2, I did it again and but included steps 1 & 2. That did it. I think I had to resynce my fobs or some other trivial issue as a result be the immobilizer is off now.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=401514&postcount=21

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
Just to be clear. Have both of you tried NOT skipping steps 1 & 2 as I've noted above?

neckstrap, if you live near Boston, I'll give it a once (or thrice) through if you like.

Any chance of video taping what you're doing? Perhaps I could video tape how I shut it off, but I don't know when I'd get around to that.

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
Actually, Agoura Hills and Irvine are among the few places I travel to on business these days, so you're a lot closer than you think. However I won't be there tomorrow.

You didn't say that you did NOT skip steps 1 & 2 above, but that was the only way I could get it to work.

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
neckstrap said:
If you have any more suggestions, please write.
Are you sure you have the right PIN? Yes or no, it appears to be at the core of the problem. Ignoring programming for a moment, can you disable your alarm using your PIN?

·
Super Moderator
3,158 Posts
neckstrap said:
Keeper,

If I didn't have the right PIN, I wouldn't be able to start the engine and drive the car. It's just the fob that cannot be programmed. Without that, You have to go through all the steps, EVERY TIME!

Paul
I just did a re-read of your posts, I think I've completely misunderstood your problem. I thought most posters on this thread are just looking to disable the immobilizer. Your saying your fob won't even disable your alarm? Sorry, when you said you have the same problem as Dave you threw me. It doesn't sound like you do have the same problem or objective as Dave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.