The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
MyElise said:
Now when I set the alarm the LED blinks for about 4 seconds and then the buzzer comes on for about 20 seconds. Then it goes off and all is well.
Sounds like it is giving an error code or something. Are any of the panels loose of the engine cover open? The manuals give the error codes that go with the blinking light...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
MyElise said:
Well I did it but.....

Now when I set the alarm the LED blinks for about 4 seconds and then the buzzer comes on for about 20 seconds. Then it goes off and all is well.

I thought that I might have somehow reset the buzzer volume but I went into that area by turning the key off and on again and pushed the B button till the sound went off and then turned the key off. No difference.

Any ideas of how to stop that?
If the buzzer comes on for 20 seconds when you activate the alarm, it means that one of the sensors is tripped at the time of arming. The system will leave this sensor "out of the loop" once it is completely armed, if you do not first correct the problem.
Check to make sure the front panels are secure, and the doors and the engine lid are completely closed. Also, make sure your interior light is in the down position. On some cars the light is involved with the door circuit (on newer cars like mine (2575) Lotus seems to have corrected this anomaly).
If the light is down and all seems properly closed up, one of your sensors might be bad.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
MyElise said:
It worked perfectly until I reprogrammed it. I don't think it is a hardware issue. I tried sitting in the car, enabling the alarm and then moving to test the motion sensor. It worked fine. Today I will try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery.
Do make sure everything is closed... mine was fine until I reprogrammed it, but for some reason my trunk lid wasn't closed :eek:

Miguel said:
I changed mine to #7 too, and before I did it was in #1 (one blink) I think that's the default.

On a side funny note, after changing it, I kept on hearing the alarm warning after attempting to lock it. played around all the settings and try to reprogram it several times and kept on doing it.

After a while I noticed my trunk/engine lid was open
:wallbang:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
MyElise said:
It worked perfectly until I reprogrammed it. I don't think it is a hardware issue. I tried sitting in the car, enabling the alarm and then moving to test the motion sensor. It worked fine. Today I will try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery.
As I said, the rest of the alarm will work fine. The tripped sensor will be left off the system, that's all. The problem you describe is not usually a software issue. If you haven't checked your cars openings first, you haven't checked the usual source of the problem.

·
Registered
496 Posts
OK I've got the immobilizer immobilized now. Definitely an improvement not to have to fiddle with that anymore.

Question: If I disconnect the battery (or otherwise lose power) does the alarm system revert to it's previous state when power is restored? In other words, will I have to do change the options again?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Raindem said:
OK I've got the immobilizer immobilized now. Definitely an improvement not to have to fiddle with that anymore.

Question: If I disconnect the battery (or otherwise lose power) does the alarm system revert to it's previous state when power is restored? In other words, will I have to do change the options again?
The alarm has its own backup power source (e.g. to sound the alarm if someone messes with the battery) so the settings shouldn't change, at least in the short run.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
megatron said:
Tyger, Thank you for the instructions. The immobiliser has been driving me crazy since day one.
I just "immobilised" my immobiliser today too. I hated that function of the alarm.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Tyger said:
The alarm has its own backup power source (e.g. to sound the alarm if someone messes with the battery) so the settings shouldn't change, at least in the short run.
Unless you hold down the button while disconnecting/reconnecting the battery - enables the audible beep for the arm/disarm or something like that.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
is this really worth doing? i just hit the right(small button on fob) with the ignition switch in on position and it shuts off the immobiler for storage. i also hate the immobiler, how much time did it take to reprogram?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
fishguyAZ said:
is this really worth doing? i just hit the right(small button on fob) with the ignition switch in on position and it shuts off the immobiler for storage. i also hate the immobiler, how much time did it take to reprogram?
It took me a half an hour to 45 minutes to get it right; yes, it is worth it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
An Alarm Feature

I ran into an interesting FEATURE the other day while working on the car. I turned the interior light off while the doors were open and forgot about it. The next time I drove the car and tried to lock it, I discovered the system would emit a tone sound for 10 seconds followed by the alarm going off. At first I thought the tone sound was coming from a parked car close to mine. I do not understand why anyone would logically connect the interior light switch being in the off position with the alarm system. I finally discovered by reading the fine print in the owners manual what the problem was.

·
Registered
682 Posts
RWLott said:
I do not understand why anyone would logically connect the interior light switch being in the off position with the alarm system.
I think you just used "logically" in a sentence about the wiring on your British car. rotfl Now, that's some good stuff. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
21 - 40 of 92 Posts