The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in LA for the weekend and I saw this Lotus in a parking lot. I talked to the owner and he said SCC did the paint job. My pics don't really capture it but I would describe the color as "nuclear tangarine." If anyone from SSC is reading this do you have better pics? The owner said he wasn't active on LT. Without making any comment on the tastefulness of such a hue, I will say the color was unbelievable and easily the most extroverted color I've ever seen on a vehicle outside an auto show.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
It may look incredible up close man that's an ugly orange... But hey--if orange has become so popular that some owners are resorting to going 'nuclear' with their orange to set themselves apart from all other orange Lotuses.... rotfl

·
Registered
87 Posts
I, too, saw this car in person at SCC. Nuclear orange would be a good description. Highlighter Orange also comes to mind. It is difficult to describe how potent this color is, but I will say that it reminded me of the first time that I saw pace cars up close at an F1 race in the late '80's. Think of if Dire Straights, Cindy Lauper, Culture Club and Don Johnson all procreated to make a car, this would be it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

Sorry, but it's a polarizing look.

Loud colors on our cars come with the territory, but matching wheels AND matching calipers?

For example, a leopard print top with black skinny jeans on a woman is hot. A leopard print top with matching leopard print tights and matching leopard print heels is Peg Bundy.

Everything in moderation!

But if you really care, ping LarryB on the forum. He just left SSC so he most likely knows this car. At least the faux-Ferrari Scuderia badges that SSC does aren't there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Take a look at that 2nd pic again for the badge on the dr side

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
that is certainly....kustom.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It looks like a Dreamsicle!

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
This is the custom neon orange that my friend will put on his 07 GT3 RS. It grow in dark and with correct contrast under sun that won't show any milky effect.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts