The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey LotusTalkers,

We are going to do this year's Autoweek American Adventure and are currently planning to do it in the Elise. Two people, in an Elise, for a 7-day rally race...what could go wrong? :shrug:

I can't promise how successful we'll be but team "Are We There Yet?" could use the support.

You can follow us through their website America Adventure - Think. Play. Drive.. If you go to the "follow your team" link, you can sign up to follow our progress in real time.

There is also a fund raising contest for the Graham Rahal Foundation supporting two great charities for kids with serious illnesses: Alex's Lemonade Stand and SeriousFun Children's Newtork. Please consider making a donation (all amounts are welcome) Team Are We There Yet - Razoo.

The race ends at SEMA...so if anyone's going to the show, let me know and we can meet up.

Thanks all and wish us luck.

Cheers!

-Erik

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Erik,

I think your biggest worry will be looking happy when you actually win the Chrysler 300 SRT

I see many stories in your future!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Erik,

I think your biggest worry will be looking happy when you actually win the Chrysler 300 SRT
About as happy as Lancia when fiat decided the 300 would be the new Thema and 200 would be the return of the Flavia.....sorry, I degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...we shall see about the Chrysler, but I have a long way to get there. As for stories, I'll try to keep the social media up to date...hope we make it entertaining.

Cheers,

-Erik

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That is awesome! If I could raise $5000 to get in... I'd looooooove to do that race!

Who wants to sponsor me next year?! rotfl

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who wants to sponsor me next year?! rotfl
Yeah I wish I had a sponsor! :wallbang:

All in all, if you look at what you get, it's not too bad: The event, all hotels, all meals, rental car (if you don't want to drive your own), and SEMA entrance...plus the experience.

Speaking of sponsors...There's plenty of space on the car to advertise if anyone wants to send me some decals. I could use a few items for the race, but mainly I'd just ask folks to contribute a small donation to the charity drive. Team Are We There Yet - Razoo

Cheers,

-Erik

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Does part of the $5000 entrance fee go to those foundations?

I am seriously considering entering this race next year. I have already seriously discussed it with my co-pilot.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does part of the $5000 entrance fee go to those foundations?
I'm not sure if part of our fee goes to the charities, but I think the event sponsors co-contribute. If nothing else, getting us to all compete to raise funds and exposure is still a good thing.

This is my first year doing it, but one of my friends from the One-Lap of America has done it and said it's a blast. This is less track focused than the One-Lap, and you get to sleep in nice hotels every night (not to mention the $3,000 for the One-Lap just covers the event entry). So...it's not a bad deal. It should be an adventure...most of it's secret but the first stop is Pikes Peak. :bow: Plus you get to hang with the folks at Autoweek, racers like Graham, and a bunch of people for whom you need not explain being a car geek.

Follow us through their page and I'll try to keep it updated with how it's going.

Cheers,

-Erik

PS, if you are considering the One-Lap of America, let me know and I can share what I've learned from doing that one for the last several years.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi fellow talkers of Lotus,

We're winding down the pre-race charity drive just in case anyone wants to help contribute (no pressure, but it might make you feel all warm and fuzzy;)). It goes to Graham Rahal's charity to support two kid's charities (Alex's Lemonade Stand and SeriousFun Children's Network). Both help out kids with serious diseases. All amounts are welcomed and will help out these great causes! Click this link to contribute:clap:: Team Are We There Yet - Razoo

Should anyone want to follow our crazy adventure, sign up to get updates on the team pages (The America Adventure)...I can't promise we will be competitive, but as I often coached my co-driver during the One-Lap of America, if you can't be quick...be entertaining! :evil:

Cheers all!

-Erik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts