The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
"English expects to add another dealership in California within two weeks." - I guess he's talking about Galpin. Which leaves 9 more dealers to start up in the next year.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1100 cars would just about cover the orders taken to date. I would like to believe him, but I doubt that they can actually deliver that total by the December 31st given the shipping time. With luck, they could produce that many by the end of the year.

2400 cars into 50 dealers equals 48 cars per year. So if you give one dealer 100 cars and one dealer 10 cars, you still are over the average. If you give one dealer 140 cars and two dealers 10 cars, you still are over the average.

So, if a few whales are in the "largest" category, it will take several minnows in the "smallest" category to offset them. Not going to be too good for customers that have signed up with the little guys.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
jml1952 said:
2400 cars into 50 dealers equals 48 cars per year. So if you give one dealer 100 cars and one dealer 10 cars, you still are over the average.
There are more medium and small dealers than large dealers, presumably. Does that sound fair?

Where does Ridgeman get his info? He seems to speculate on this issue quite widely. His projections do seem plausible however.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Autoweek is notoriously incorrect in all things Lotus...

Tim Mullen

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
TimMullen said:
Autoweek is notoriously incorrect in all things.

Tim Mullen
Fixed.

:)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
So this reads like those of us over #30 at our dealerships shouldn't expect a car until April of Next year?!?! Am I reading that right?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Brian, I think allocations are going to make more of a difference.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
BrianK said:
So this reads like those of us over #30 at our dealerships shouldn't expect a car until April of Next year?!?! Am I reading that right?
Mind the gap - he didn't say anything about what would happen in January, February and March. When they ramp up to full speed in November, a lot of cars could be produced in a few months, so there could be substantial deliveries during the first quarter of 2005.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When I toured the factory two weeks ago I was told they would be caught up on American production in September and that the assembly line is at full throughput. By the way my tour was 2 1/2 hours and toward the end there were employees working overtime to insure that production did get caught up. I was very impressed with what I saw and the throughput now in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts