The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on here too much the last week but I didn't see this. I just received last weeks Autoweek (late as usual). The have a photo of the Eagle undergoing winter testing (old pic) in the news section, they say it's getting the BM X6 twin turbo v8.......... A little confusion on their part?? Can't find it on their website.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not confused, but at least a bunch of eagle owners can fake having a v8 in autoweeks readers eyes

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Autoweek has been mixing up info on the Eagle for months. I was going to write them but figured it wasn't worth it. They have been getting information on new Lotus products wrong for years.

Mike Kimberley (Lotus CEO) has officially said the following:

It is a 2+2 with variations in trim levels and models.

It will have a toyota sourced 6 cylinder engine.

It will offer paddle shift capability as an option.

It is going to be awesome (OK, that's me)

People have been spending so much energy focused on the new Esprit that they missed this car entirely until recently. It is drop dead gorgeous and will open up an entirely new segment of the market for Lotus which it has been absent from since the demise of the Excel in the early 90s.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
People have been spending so much energy focused on the new Esprit that they missed this car entirely until recently. It is drop dead gorgeous and will open up an entirely new segment of the market for Lotus which it has been absent from since the demise of the Excel in the early 90s.

Not sure about the UK, but in the states it will be a segment they have been out of since the late 70s.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Not sure about the UK, but in the states it will be a segment they have been out of since the late 70s.
True. If I remember correctly, we both owned/ own one of the 70's Lotus 4 seaters. Mine makes a lovely planter at my parents home.:(

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think the new Ethos is going to open some more eyes to Lotus and really help and expand their sales. At least I hope it will but from the spy shots, looks promising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts