The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Miata club is running up at Alexian Field in Schaumburg. Rich and I are already pre-registered and are planning to meet up Sunday morning to drive up there. You don't have to pre-register. The event will run up to 75 cars. It's unlikely that many will show up, so if you get there a couple minutes early, you'll get in. I think it's only $35.

I won't be trailering there this time because my friend needed to borrow my trailer to take his Evo to the tuner... but I have another friend going that is going to bring all my tools and air compressor and whatnot.

Let me know if anyone else wants to join us. AutoX is super fun and addicting!

·
He's on fire!
3,287 Posts
I'll be showing up, my goal is to stay out of last place. I've heard alexian field is an ice rink because of the way they seal it, guess we'll see. I'm about 10 min from the event so I'll just see you guys in the morning.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Should be a good time.
Kim and Darrin, are you guys showing up?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I will be there in spirit.

I've seen all your skills, so you guys show them your team work, your drive, and how its done!

They will shake in their boots.

Make me proud!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be showing up, my goal is to stay out of last place. I've heard alexian field is an ice rink because of the way they seal it, guess we'll see. I'm about 10 min from the event so I'll just see you guys in the morning.
It was a bit slick at the beginning of the summer because it was freshly re-done. I'm sure it's been broken in a bit by now. Even if it is an ice rink, it's very flat and not bumpy... plus, it's always fun to watch cars spin out. For some reason, the Subaru's really struggled with that last time. rotfl

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I will be there in spirit.
Sam ting. Running the autox / hillclimb at Afton Alps ski area in Afton Minnesota on Saturday.

·
He's on fire!
3,287 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if its still icy for me, Maywood is the only place I've ever run. The website says they don't officially break for lunch, have you been to a miata autox before? I'm wondering if there is enough time to grab something to eat or if I should bring some food.

It was a bit slick at the beginning of the summer because it was freshly re-done. I'm sure it's been broken in a bit by now. Even if it is an ice rink, it's very flat and not bumpy... plus, it's always fun to watch cars spin out. For some reason, the Subaru's really struggled with that last time. rotfl

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't be surprised if its still icy for me, Maywood is the only place I've ever run. The website says they don't officially break for lunch, have you been to a miata autox before? I'm wondering if there is enough time to grab something to eat or if I should bring some food.
It is likely to be the same as the first run I went to with the VW club. There will be 3 groups. 1 working, 1 driving, and 1 on break. I'm assuming that when you are on the break, there will be enough time to go grab some lunch. I'm just gonna bring some snacks and drinks in a cooler just in case.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I've run with the Miata guys there before. 3 groups. Run/Work/Rest. each group goes twice, no break. You'll have about an hour to get food on one of your rest groups, but there isnt a lot close so you are better off bringing a cooler.

Also, this is a lot better than Maywood. Maywood is pretty torn up and there are quite a few light poles. There is only one light pole and the pavement is pretty smooth.

I'd love to go but I have a family reunion on sunday so I cant make it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've run with the Miata guys there before. 3 groups. Run/Work/Rest. each group goes twice, no break. You'll have about an hour to get food on one of your rest groups, but there isnt a lot close so you are better off bringing a cooler.

Also, this is a lot better than Maywood. Maywood is pretty torn up and there are quite a few light poles. There is only one light pole and the pavement is pretty smooth.

I'd love to go but I have a family reunion on sunday so I cant make it.
There is actually a strip of restaurants about 2 miles away from alexian field. We went to the tilted kilt last time.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had a good time. There were about 70 cars there... yet somehow we still got 13 runs in. Of course, between the Lotuses, I came in last place. Jeff left us in the dust with a 52.6 second lap. Rich got a 53.0 I think. Then I got a 53.1.

(Sorry for the watermark. My friend shot these pictures in Raw so I had to download a stupid converter. I'll post better pics when my friend edits them.)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great time today. Too bad we got a little bit of light rain for a short time. Really made it slick the rest of the day for me.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm in for the next one.

Sunday was my anniversary, so that would have gotten me a kick to the nuts.

Chris - the skirts look awesome! :)

·
He's on fire!
3,287 Posts
WCMC appears to be doing a "double header" two weeks from now- autox 8/11 and 8/12. Anyone interested? (Appears you can do only one day if you want)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts