The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly my '72 Lotus Elan Sprint burned to the ground along with the entire building surrounding it. It appears the Big Valve head and block may have come through ok, and the transmission probably too, other than the shift lever. Both were rebuilt at 58,000 miles and had about 65,000 on them at the time of the fire. The plastic knobs on top of the Stromberg carb bodies melted away. So did the tires, but the wheels themselves look like they may be ok. The wheel trim rings seem to have survived and could be rechromed. The metal frames from the seats appear to be significantly intact, as does the gas tank, surprisingly, though everything got rusty when exposed to the outside world. Most everything else looks to be gone. There may be some other miscellany that might be salvageable, we'll see as the rest of the debris is removed from the car-cass, so to speak. The remains are in Topanga Canyon, CA 90290. I'm trying to get the rest of the pictures off my phone but apparently my cloud storage is full, thus requiring possibly more attention than simply retaking the pictures with another phone. In this case the pictures are perhaps more macabre than particularly helpful anyways....

Any interest/offers? Contact me through this email (remove all spaces, change the at and the dot): spam fighter 15 at rockenthebay dot com. Thanks!

Attachments

·
not your dad's puns
1,753 Posts
Yikes, that's one heckuva first post! Welcome to the board, but sorry about the circumstances. Was this the result of the busy SoCal wildfire season? I feel very lucky that we don't have to face back down here, but then again we have tornadoes and hurricanes, so ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is always something! But this was quite a shock. I have been traveling and am now back in southern California for the next couple of months, if anyone is interested in salvaging the parts please contact me using the email address above. Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yikes, there's salvage and then there's scrap.. I'm sorry to say but this looks like the latter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts