The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires are available that are confirmed to fit?

I want something to put on SSR's for track days. Are the A048's the best option?

-Steve

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
If you aren't concerned with meeting SCCA rules, also consider going with a 15/16 combo. More tire choices, and cheaper. Lighter too. Rumour has it the Engineers wanted this size but Marketing felt that more bling-bling was needed. KMS makes a nice set of wheels for our cars...if memory serves they are 15X7 and 16X8 and megalight. Some of the Exiges I have seen are running Yokohama slicks...real slicks and not DOT-R tires. AO48s can be driven on the street which may be a factor to consider for some.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Stan, I'm sure this has been beat like a horse, but what are our wheel sizes now? 5.5, 6.6 widths I think. 16-17? Does changing the wheel size give you an advantage on track day (ignoring the tires you mount)? Just trying to figure out the SCCA...:confused:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Jer our wheels are 16 X 5.5 Front and 17 X 7.5 Rear. LSS cars get 6.5 wide fronts. For SCCA stock class purposes you need to go with whatever size the car came with but you can use other wheels. So LTS cars use 5.5 front and LTS 6.5 in SCCA. SCCA permits you to switch if you change any other related parts that came with LSS for example. Wheel offset must be within about 5 mm of stock. SSR wheels do this. I'm sure that others do too.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I'm not sure on the KMS wheels but someone will chime in...also check puresportscar.com. I can't use those in SCCA autocross as the diamter has changed. And the widths are not stock either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts