The Lotus Cars Community banner

How old is the average Elise owner/driver?

• Under 20?

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 20-30?

Votes: 51 26.4%
  • 31-40?

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • 41-50?

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • Over 50

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
You mean age now, or when we think we'll be a for real genuine Elise owner ? Most of us have some aging between now and car arrival date. 53 now 54 or 55 when car arrives.

Steve

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
PS - since birthdays are part of the data we submit at registration on the forum, it would be interesting to see what kind of data Randy could pull with a simple graphical query???

Whaddya say, Randy? :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
transio said:
PS - since birthdays are part of the data we submit at registration on the forum, it would be interesting to see what kind of data Randy could pull with a simple graphical query???

Whaddya say, Randy? :D
I opted out of that...;)

Patrick
2005 Elise and 38 when I get it:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
26 now, but 27 by the time i'm an owner

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
When I went to the dealership to order my car, there was a guy there who appearred to be in his 70's or maybe even older that was leaving a deposit on one, just based upon an article that appeared in the NY Times.

He was sitting in the Esprit they had in the showroom to see what it felt like (they didnt have an Elise there at the time), and I told him that it is a lot harder to get into the Elise. I just hope he isnt like all the other senior citizens around here that drive 20 miles per hour under the speed limit in the left hand lane with their blinkers on and head sticking out over the steering wheel.

I have an uncle who is about 85 or 90 that I am going to let drive my car, but then he used to race Indy cars in the 30's and 40's. I think he said he used to race Dusenbergs too, and they trailered the cars and traveled from city to city across the country back then. His brother who was ranked higher than him in the standings raced at Indy and died in a crash there, so he gave up racing right after that, much to my aunts happiness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like cerven, I'm 56, but I'll surely be 57 (June) by the time my Elise is here. I might be 57 before I order!

But, hey, it's not my fault time goes this quickly. I guess I've just been young longer than most of you guys.

·
Registered
314 Posts
31. Old enough to appreciate a car of this caliber, but young enough to exploit it!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts