The Lotus Cars Community banner

What age group do you fall under

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am probably one of the younger people here to purchase an evora (I am 23) but I am curious what the age demographic looks like for this model. When the elise came down in price into the high teens low 20s there was a lot younger guys that purchased them but the evora is definitely in a completely different price bracket. More or less the reason I am wondering is I have seen very few of these cars with taken apart or worked on by there owners (mostly due to them still being under warranty I am certain). Anyway just a poll if anyone may be interested!

P.S. Drove my Evora over 400 miles yesterday and it was great! :shift: Happy motoring

·
Registered
81 Posts
voted (but my old fingers had difficulties while typing.....;-)

(funny remark: my insurance Company a very large one in Germany, insisted that the car is not driven by People under 25!)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
voted (but my old fingers had difficulties while typing.....;-)

(funny remark: my insurance Company a very large one in Germany, insisted that the car is not driven by People under 25!)
Haha geico over here in the US said no problem! I'm glad I have had the opportunity to work up to getting this car in the last 5 years and think it was well worth the time invested.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I am probably one of the younger people here to purchase an evora (I am 23) but I am curious what the age demographic looks like for this model. When the elise came down in price into the high teens low 20s there was a lot younger guys that purchased them but the evora is definitely in a completely different price bracket. More or less the reason I am wondering is I have seen very few of these cars with taken apart or worked on by there owners (mostly due to them still being under warranty I am certain). Anyway just a poll if anyone may be interested!

P.S. Drove my Evora over 400 miles yesterday and it was great! :shift: Happy motoring
23! Are you kidding me! When I was 23, I was driving a 1978 Oldsmobile cutlass and it wasn't 1978!. The thought of owning an exotic ride at that age, congratulations to you!

Great poll question by the way. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one turns out but my bet is the average age will be between 40-50. It's a pricey ride.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Purchased at 25, now 27. Does that make it my quarter life crisis car? :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
23! Are you kidding me! When I was 23, I was driving a 1978 Oldsmobile cutlass and it wasn't 1978!. The thought of owning an exotic ride at that age, congratulations to you!

Great poll question by the way. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one turns out but my bet is the average age will be between 40-50. It's a pricey ride.
I was fortunate enough to find what I have the skill and passion for early in my adult life.

Purchased at 25, now 27. Does that make it my quarter life crisis car? :)
I figured you were closer to my age. Any plans on changing your suspension setup? Car looks stellar

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
I am an old fart owner at 58.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I hate being in the "and up" checkbox category.
At the point in my life where I always need to go to the end of the page to find my checkbox:facepalm
and I'm not even 50 yet:shrug:

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Bought mine about a week before turning 29. I was sure I would be the youngest guy in the car. I mean the price definitely plays a factor, but just the fact that production numbers are so low and finding them/working on them is so difficult, I just assumed it would be me and a bunch of old guy car nuts who were just too old and brittle for an Elise.

I was amazed the first time I went to a meet up. The other Evora owner I met was pretty close to my age, and I was maybe a little older than the average Eliger. Now having been to more events, I've met owners of all ages, but I haven't met a young Esprit guy yet!

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
58 here again.

"It's not how old you feel. It's how old are the women you feel!"
- Groucho Marx

Reactions: Julian73

·
Insurance Pro
35 Posts
31. Evora will be my 4th vehicle in the garage. I won't be buying another vehicle at least for the next 5+ years for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
58 here again.

"It's not how old you feel. It's how old are the women you feel!"
- Groucho Marks
Since we were lucky enough to still see him alive in TV we should remember how to spell his name - Groucho Marx (like Karl Marx) :p

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hate being in the "and up" checkbox category.
At the point in my life where I always need to go to the end of the page to find my checkbox:facepalm
and I'm not even 50 yet:shrug:
Yeah, no kiddng. There should be a 99+ box, just so we don't have to check the last one. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
23 when I bought my Evora, and then I turned 24 now :)
haha atleast I'm not alone! I turn 24 next month so I won't be 23 for much longer. your local too I would love to check out your car man and shoot some photos. white is great color for this car my fiancé wanted me to get in white too.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts