The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to comparing these tires to the Yoko slicks :crazyeyes .......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
What compound are they? Did you buy them in the US? I was told that they make a compound much softer then the A7, but that they aren't available here so it made the cost too crazy.

Have you ever run the A7 vs your yoko slicks? Do you know how they compare?

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What compound are they? Did you buy them in the US? I was told that they make a compound much softer then the A7, but that they aren't available here so it made the cost too crazy.

Have you ever run the A7 vs your yoko slicks? Do you know how they compare?
Mediums and purchased in the US. They were shipped here from the Uk for testing as Lotus Cup was thinking of using Avon/Cooper as their "spec" tire but things didn't work out. I took a few sets off their hands for a very reasonable price. More could be obtained but it would take a serious commitment from potential users to get to critical mass on numbers to make it cost effective and to get the Avon/Cooper distributor interested in importing.

As for a comparison between Hoosiers and Yokos -- the latter are noticeably better, at least on my 211 and Hoosier doesn't have correct sizing for the V6. Yokos for the S2 platform are in very short supply (less than 5 complete sets available last time I checked) and are going completely away in the 16" size. I will need to find an alternative....Hankook slicks may be the way to go.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Let me know when you're done using those, I've been looking for a set for my Cup wheels for photography. They are the same ones/sizes used on the GT3, and quite a bit wider in the rear than the Yoko's.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Mediums and purchased in the US. They were shipped here from the Uk for testing as Lotus Cup was thinking of using Avon/Cooper as their "spec" tire but things didn't work out. I took a few sets off their hands for a very reasonable price. More could be obtained but it would take a serious commitment from potential users to get to critical mass on numbers to make it cost effective and to get the Avon/Cooper distributor interested in importing.

As for a comparison between Hoosiers and Yokos -- the latter are noticeably better, at least on my 211 and Hoosier doesn't have correct sizing for the V6. Yokos for the S2 platform are in very short supply (less than 5 complete sets available last time I checked) and are going completely away in the 16" size. I will need to find an alternative....Hankook slicks may be the way to go.
What roughly is the lap time difference on the 211 from an A7 to a yoko slick?

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What roughly is the lap time difference on the 211 from an A7 to a yoko slick?
Kevin,

Not based on scientific A/B testing.....so it's a guesstimate of ~ .5 (to maybe 1) second faster. The Yokos just felt better than the Hoosiers to me, if that makes any sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts