The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a "new" race tire model from Avon tires called the Tech R. It's not available in many sizes yet, but maybe more will be forthcoming. They're said to be a little narrower than the Hoosiers (but perhaps taller), so if they do come out in Elise-compatible sizes, perhaps they will fit if the Hoosiers do not.

British tyres, British auto. A perfect match! ;)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Perfect..expect....

Avon needs a contingency program. Sucks to win and you could have had 4 free Hoosiers, but you were on Avons. Oh well.

Otherwise though, they might be the right tyre for the Elise.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Good thing about "Avon" tires is that even after 40k miles of wear and tear, they still look and feel like 20k :p

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have not tried the new Avons but use Avon CR500s for autocross and ACB-10s for track use and love them. I think the CR500 are every bit the match of Hoosier autocross tires. The problem is the CR500s only come in very limited sizes.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
John Stimson said:
There is a "new" race tire model from Avon tires called the Tech R. It's not available in many sizes yet, but maybe more will be forthcoming. They're said to be a little narrower than the Hoosiers (but perhaps taller), so if they do come out in Elise-compatible sizes, perhaps they will fit if the Hoosiers do not.

British tyres, British auto. A perfect match! ;)
John.
I was wondering (from the printed Tire Rack ad in GRM)) whether this Tech R was a restamped Hoosier?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Randy, do they spell tire "tyre" in San Diego or are you just trying to appear "Continental" and sophisticated (which we all know you're not):bow:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Avon sells tyres. Hoosier sells tires. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts