The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I couldn't find anything to the AVT Chargecooler and Radiators here I'm curious if anybody has experience with this, as it is the one which is used in the 350hp GT3 Exige.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
121 Posts
I spent along time trying to get hold of this company, they never returned my calls or emails, I am glad they didn't as the Proalloy setup I think is better than this would have been, ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent along time trying to get hold of this company, they never returned my calls or emails, I am glad they didn't as the Proalloy setup I think is better than this would have been, ;)
Just by comparing both sets, the Proalloy and the AVT, the Proalloy looks at least much heavier. Do you have also the radiator installed in front on top of the other. Theres a lot of free space on the right side of the car (next to the motor) for a radiator. I'm just curious if the air flow would be sufficient.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Shameless endorsement: the rls Intercooler can be installed in less than an hour, easily removed, and provides most if not all of the benefits of the water to air systems. +11 horsepower and less heat soak.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shameless endorsement: the rls Intercooler can be installed in less than an hour, easily removed, and provides most if not all of the benefits of the water to air systems. +11 horsepower and less heat soak.
I appreciate your good work on this but the IC still is located above the hot engine and the air is still sqeezing through the small clam "mail" slot. The PK roof might be a little better but I think it's still not an ideal solution. I'm not sure if a w/a system is much better but just from thinking a chargecoller radiator which is placed away from the heat and into the air flow should be better. But you're right, your system is easier to setup, though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i wish the trunk was a bolt on bolt off item...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just by comparing both sets, the Proalloy and the AVT, the Proalloy looks at least much heavier. Do you have also the radiator installed in front on top of the other. Theres a lot of free space on the right side of the car (next to the motor) for a radiator. I'm just curious if the air flow would be sufficient.
It might be heavier but I'm not sure, putting the heat exchanger in the side next to the engine will probably not get enough cold air to keep the temps down for sustained track use, also where is the heat going to go? back into the engine bay? and lastly putting the rad there will give lots of issue with carrying out simple work on the engine. The proalloy system uses a front heat exchanger placed under the normal rad and aircon heat exchanger, this means it will get cool air first, the exchanger rad is also almost as big as the normal engine rad and has dual spal fans for cooling. This to me seem the least compromised system available, the only downside is cost of purchase and fitting......

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi

I don't know if this is you but the only Adrian I have had an email regarding a Lotus application is [email protected]>>>>etc, which I replied to regarding your question about the Exige fitment. I did not have any calls or emails with a return phone number, so Im a little confused on this point.

As with all the parts, they are bespoke, so no kits. When I supplied the equipment to Lotus Cars for the GT3 racers, they fabricated every thing else themselves.

Dave

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi

I don't know if this is you but the only Adrian I have had an email regarding a Lotus application is [email protected]>>>>etc, which I replied to regarding your question about the Exige fitment. I did not have any calls or emails with a return phone number, so Im a little confused on this point.

As with all the parts, they are bespoke, so no kits. When I supplied the equipment to Lotus Cars for the GT3 racers, they fabricated every thing else themselves.

Dave
I sent you 2 emails that have still not been returned! :shrug:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well i ordered a ChargeCooler and pump from AVT and i emailed Dave about it. I got an unser after few hours, same with all emails i have send to him since then. :clap:

P.S Waiting for the parts Dave, the Exige cant wait :shift:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i ordered a ChargeCooler and pump from AVT and i emailed Dave about it. I got an unser after few hours, same with all emails i have send to him since then. :clap:

P.S Waiting for the parts Dave, the Exige cant wait :shift:
Which radiator you wanna use and where do you want to place it?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I’m going to use 2 small exchangers placed in front of the oil coolers and a larger one in the cars mouth but not too large that will block all the airflow to the radiator. on the smaller exchangers on front of the oil coolers I’m going to use small pushing funs. The cars radiator has been upgraded with an all alloy and thicker item. So I’m going to have 3 exchangers in line ( 2 small 1 large ) and 2 pumps, one pushing water to the exchangers and one pulling water from them. And by the way all the Rads are custom made.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I’m going to use 2 small exchangers placed in front of the oil coolers and a larger one in the cars mouth but not too large that will block all the airflow to the radiator. on the smaller exchangers on front of the oil coolers I’m going to use small pushing funs. The cars radiator has been upgraded with an all alloy and thicker item. So I’m going to have 3 exchangers in line ( 2 small 1 large ) and 2 pumps, one pushing water to the exchangers and one pulling water from them. And by the way all the Rads are custom made.
Would be great if you could do some pictures during and/or after installation and report your experiences you made.

Thanks!
Frank

·
Registered
161 Posts
would love to do that but im still waiting for AVT to send me the Chargecooler, pump and Header Tank :shrug: i will be posting some pics tomorrow of some other parts on the car and the engine until i get everything from AVT and us soon i get the i will start installation and posting pics along the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts