The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the Lotus rep last month and was told that my car looked as if it would be built by the 15th of Sept. Yesterday I called to see if we had a vessel arrival date yet and a VIN.
I got the bad news that the car had been lumped together with two other Laser Blue cars and would PROBABLY be built sometime in October.
I'm looking at Boxster S leases today... Pretty dissapointed and loosing steam for this elusive little car...:confused:
Up until this point I have supported Lotus but now I'm starting to believe that Hethel doesn't really give a shi* about the people that have put down their $$ down on a car...:mad:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
We're practically in October! That is dissapointing, and I've received similar news twice now. but I think it will be worth the wait. There are probably a hundred folks on this forum that wish they were you:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Totally feel your pain. However, when I was going through a similar "meltdown" the thing that made me stay with the Elise was this:
If I get the Lotus will I regret not getting the C6?
Answer: when I finally get it I won't be thinking about the vet.
If I get the C6 will I regret getting the Elise.
Answer: I will probably still think about about the Elise night and day while being content with a great car like the Vet.

Stay with it! Your almost there. To be getting a delivery this early on you had to be on the list for some time now.

Good Luck.

P.S. I have a vin number finally.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hey, LB will be a sought after color because there are so few of them. Hang in there.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hang in there, a lot of us are in similar situations. Just keep in mind that EVERYONE who's gotten there's has said that all the waiting and anxiety was worth it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I believe that Lotus does give a shi*. In fact, they are so busy shi**ing on us that they don't have time to worry about niceties such as communication or fairness. It will be great to have the car, but the stench from this experience will linger on.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
don't give up now. It is worth waiting for!!!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
perr, were you the one who changed an order to laser blue at the last minute? hope not because if so you should get a raft of crap for attitude. however, if not, i feel your pain but what is ONE MORE month in this game anyway. And if you do bail lemme buy that sweet laser blue!!! :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
About the Boxster S, they're planning on releasing a new Boxster on January 5th. Also, current Porsche lease residuals (996s and 986s), have been in the gutter. The only plus is that you can get one for invoice. I think it's a 10K margin for 996s and a $6K margin for the Boxster.

Thing is, if you decide you like the new Boxster, I think the soonest you'd get it would be February or March '05. If you get a current Boxster, you'll have to keep until the lease end or take a hugh bath getting ride of it.

http://www.porscheboxster.info/

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
lotus' official stance is that they did not want their dealers to take deposits and create waiting lists for this car.

i too am losing faith in getting a car through the wait list process. the local dealers aren't delivering or receiving many cars.

SVAG is owned by Symbolic (is this right?) and these dealers aren't looking too good in the allocation area. Symbolic hasn't delivered any customer cars that we know of and SVAG has delivered 3 or 4 that we know of....

BMC has received 2 customer cars and 2 demos. They told me they are a new lotus dealer so who knows what their allocation is....

surferjet, IMO, this car is going to be scarce so I don't think the color choice will increase or decrease the value of the car...

AB and Kermit will be the "rarest" colors ;)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Symbolic's allocation seems to be healthy. It's just that none of wait lister's cars have arrived yet...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Lotus says they didn''t want dealerships to take deposits. Then they turn around and say "we have over 2000 orders for the Elise already" They are full of it. They used those deposits to guage demand and help determine allocations.

when did you initially put down your deposit Perry?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Donovan said:
Lotus says they didn''t want dealerships to take deposits. Then they turn around and say "we have over 2000 orders for the Elise already" They are full of it. They used those deposits to guage demand and help determine allocations.

when did you initially put down your deposit Perry?
BLAM! Exactly! Lotus UK has an ethical commitment that they have totally blown.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
raggedy1 said:
lotus' official stance is that they did not want their dealers to take deposits and create waiting lists for this car.
This is the first I'd heard of it. Why didn't they make this policy known in the past 2+ years that dealers have been taking deposits?

How do they propose to determine who gets cars in what order?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
nxm150 said:
Wasn't Randy's car from Symbolic's allocation?
Technically Yes.

But I think most people will perceive that I received preferential treatment since I run this forum. I have no data to support or disprove that.

At one point, I was number 1 on the list at Symbolic LJ. Then I was in the top 10. THen after a mix up where they forgot to call me and ask for a check, I was in the 20s. Then after some discussion from me, I was back in the top 5. The delay with LSS pushed my car back until a late July build.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts