The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are great and sold at my favorite tuner shop ( Black Watch Racing).

Last fall we did the pump-hold-bleed-close-pump routine. It was a pain so I added one of these to an order from Black Watch when getting new pads and other bits.

You just hook one end up to a tire for pressure and then go from wheel to wheel bleeding things out. It took me about an hour the first time SOLO and that included the clutch.

If you're going to do brake fluids this is a must have item.

Thanks Fred!

Lotus Elise Exige easy EZ bleed bleeder

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I see you're using the ATE super molasses DOT 4 fluid in there. Lol. ✋

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
fwiw...you want to do the clutch first- more gunk, sits lower in the system i guess, after getting that clear, then go do the brakes. I bought my e-z bleed from Sir Lotus too.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
fwiw...you want to do the clutch first- more gunk, sits lower in the system i guess, after getting that clear, then go do the brakes. I bought my e-z bleed from Sir Lotus too.
Yes I have Eezibleed brake/clutch bleeder available with the dedicated lotus cap.
Michael

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Nope. I replaced that ATE super molasses with Motul RBF 600.

Lol. Good stuff?

SirLotus,
Isn't their usually moisture in the air that fills the tire? How does the EZbleed prevent that moisture from making it into the fluid?
Not familiar with that system.
Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. Good stuff?

SirLotus,
Isn't their usually moisture in the air that fills the tire? How does the EZbleed prevent that moisture from making it into the fluid?
Not familiar with that system.
Thanks,

Chris
I'm no aristocrat, but I'd guess it's about the same as having the cap open on your reservoir for 2 hours while you pump and bleed. The air is just there to push the fluid through. It's not like you're making a Motul Cappuccino.

Maybe a Noble can confirm.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
The moisture ratio in the tire is about the same, it's the rapid expansion as the air is let out of the tire that condenses the moisture out of the air. Big reason why I manually bleed, and don't use compressed air.

I had a friend use one of these tire pressure bleeders, and the cap slipped off his Esprit brake reservoir, due to the pressure, and blew brake fluid all over his paint!!! Be careful, use minimal pressure!

BTW, if you don't know already, don't let brake fluid get on your paint!!! It'll ruin it really fast!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Does the black watch system fir the evora reservoir?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
bump...anyone? will this work with an evora?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
OK i'll check it out when I get home. thanks.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Ok looks like the evora cap is about 1.75" ID

·
Registered
689 Posts
EZ Bleeder hook up to Evora.

Here is a photo the EZBleeder hooked up to the master brake reservoir on my 2011 Evora. I measured the inside diameter of the cap and it is 1.75 Inches inside diameter. Same fit up as was on my 2005 Elise.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts