The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I couldn't remember my old password, so started a new user. I am a Lotus owner and run a body shop here in Dallas, TX. I love my car, but I also love music. I looked at where I could put a subwoofer, but didn't really like the idea of the floorboard. I pulled the seats out and pulled the back interior trim panel off, and custom built a very very nice enclosure that looks OEM. It's a fiberglass box (I'll get exact weight for you, but not much). I'm running an 8" Memphis Audio dual voice coil sub and also two Polk speakers in the rear and two in the front. I lost no room in the passenger compartment and it looks fantastic! You've all seen the custom molded boxes, I'm sure. I just couldn't imagine putting something ugly in such a beautiful car. I'll post pics tomorrow or the following day. The most important part is the sound. It's incredible - the system is perfectly balanced and volume is not a problem. Anyone in the DFW area, contact me as I'd like to have someone else check it out so they can vouch for the quality...

I'm planning to build 10 more of these. They are labor-intensive and 100% handbuilt custom. I'll even back them with the same lifetime warranty I give on my body work. Anyone interested? Let me know - I'm working out the price point. I'm trying to keep it in the neighborhood of $700-$1000, depending on labor and costs. These can be painted any color you like, and I guarantee the finish will be better than what you currently have on your car. Also could be wrapped in leather or any material of your choice. If you're local, install is no problem - I'll throw in for free. As far as components, you have your choice. I can send it naked or loaded. The amp mounts directly to the speaker box behind the passenger and the sub sits behind the driver. Will post pics ASAP - computer issues. I'll set them up as links and maybe someone could sticky them?

If you have questions on other Lotus audio issues or Lotus repair issues, please feel free to ask.

Thanks guys, and let me know what you think.

Justin

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I merged your old account and this one.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Where is your shop?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

rotfl rotfl rotfl
Yeah, thats why I need a local lotus owners to check it out. I will get those pics up asap.

The shop is located on beltline just off 75 in richardson tx. Even if your not interested in audio I just need someone to confirm fit finish and quality. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What's the shop name? I was just recently looking for a good one in Dallas but wouldn't mind working with one especially when the owner drives a Lotus.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing pics of this setup in the car and out. I live in Minnesota so depending on how large the piece is it might cost a lot to ship. I also would like to know if it would fit with a harness bar.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am in Dallas and current looking to put a sub and amp in my Lotus. I have owned and performed my own installation in a couple of show vehicles years ago and I worked for a car stereo shop for about 7 years so I would be a fair judge of install, visual, and audio quality. I would like to see your enclosure for the 8" woofer. Do you know the internal volume? I am interested in using a Polk or a JL 8 and would be interested in mounting depth measurement to see if they would fit. Let me know when I could meet you to take a look.

-Brad

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got no response as well. I bought the Chuck Risen custom box with the 8 in it. Will have it next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts