The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before purchasing my 2013 NA IPS, I was driving a 911 Cab AWD so I was always being invited to Porsche events by the local dealership. Most recently, I was invited to an invitation only MACAN event at a local restaurant in town.

At the event, they were introducing the Macan in hopes of getting some new buyers and it was hosted at a restaurant outside and they also threw in free food, drinks and of course, valet parking.

So I drive to the event in my Evora and of course, there was NO WAY I was going to let the valet park my car so I dropped my wife off in the front, which is a small courtyard area right smack in front of the actual presentation event. Porsche had the Macan under a cover but also parked a brand new 911 out there as well for all to drool over.

Unfortunately for the organizers of the event, when I went to exit after dropping my wife off, the entrance also served as the exit and it was more than 10 cars deep so there was no way for me to get out. My car was now stuck right smack in the middle of the courtyard to the right of the Valet area and to the left of their shiny new 911 and of course, in front of the Macan, which was still under wraps.

With nowhere to go and free food and drinks waiting for me, I got out of my car, locked it and joined the party. I simply told the Valet's that I would move it when I could. Now for the fun part. People started coming over and drooling over the Evora, taking pictures and peering into the windows. It was as if the 911 wasn't even there. :clap:

I was dying and my wife and friends were laughing hysterically. After almost 30 minutes or so, once everyone had arrived, I moved my car as I started to feel bad that the Evora was taking over the excitement of the event.

Man, do I love our Evora's rotfl: clap: :bow:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
The MACAN and the new Mazda 3 5-door look almost identical... except I think the Mazda is sportier looking.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Love to hear stories like this. It is amazing how other cars become invisible when a Lotus shows up to the party.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Haha . . . too funny.

The Evoras do draw attention. I went to an art gallery opening tonight. Lots of BMWs, Porsches, Range Rovers, etc. And lots of looks my way as I was parking the car outside the gallery. Love it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
At a visit in Maranello 2 years ago, there was a total chaos on the parking aera. All full of Ferraris who searched parking space. So, in a terrible heat that day, I decided to park the Evora right in front of the entrance (where everybody has to walk throu to get inside the Ferrari museum).

This was a perfect palce to advertise on Lotus. The whole crowd had to pass the Evora and took pictures thinking about, if this is a Ferrari prototype or so.

What a fun it was, to watch all those guys coming from all over and passing by my Evora in front of the big Ferrari temple entrance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same in the UK when I attended a launch event for the new Cayman. I was parked right across the car park but almost every attendee walked across to look at my Evora despite it being raining a little too.

I had taken a neighbour with me who has a V8 Vantage and he couldn't believe the attention the Evora got just driving there never mind once we were actually there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts