The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is kind of long (45 min), but its cool to see Lotus behind scenes, and I love the scene with the Evora racing around a parking garage.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Yes, we have been watching it for ~5years now. Multiple threads already posted. Search is your friend

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, we have been watching it for ~5years now. Multiple threads already posted. Search is your friend
Why are people so psycho about the multiple post on Lotustalk? I've never seen this else where. What's wrong with the multiple post? Obviously, the guy simply wants to share something that he/she thinks is cool. Not sure why you guys always sound sarcastic when it comes to multiple posts. If you don't want to see it then don't click on the topic.... you are not a lotustalk police. :no:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Why are people so psycho about the multiple post on Lotustalk? I've never seen this else where. What's wrong with the multiple post? Obviously, the guy simply wants to share something that he/she thinks is cool. Not sure why you guys always sound sarcastic when it comes to multiple posts. If you don't want to see it then don't click on the topic.... you are not a lotustalk police. :no:

Agreed. Especially since search SUCKS big time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The italian version has ridiculous translation. They say, more times, about engine that it is a 3.5 liters 6 valves :facepalm

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
As a relative newb here, you need to realize what we are trying to say is hunting thru back threads via search or just plain hunting will uncover a wealth of information. Even as a 10yr member (almost), I look back for information, and invariably visit threads I missed etc and end up getting 10x more information than I was originally looking for. I rarely make those posts but this particular one has been restarted WAY too many times.:UK:

·
Registered
68 Posts
As a relative newb here, you need to realize what we are trying to say is hunting thru back threads via search or just plain hunting will uncover a wealth of information. Even as a 10yr member (almost), I look back for information, and invariably visit threads I missed etc and end up getting 10x more information than I was originally looking for. I rarely make those posts but this particular one has been restarted WAY too many times.:UK:
I understand your point and how you like having lotustalk as a resource for things. However, this is a forum, there are always going to be new members, and people love sharing what they think is cool. If I see something cool, I want to share it right away, who on earth spends minutes to hours checking carefully to see if it's something that has been posted? not me at least. If it bothers you, please just copy the link and private message it to a mod. there are tons of mods here and I'm sure one of them will do something. There's really no need to post a comment below to make the OP look dumb.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have seen the video so many times, and still enjoy watching it. thanks for the link.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to thank all the people who defended me. I was unaware that this had been posted about before, but it seems I wasn't the only one. I also figured that since this is a forum, the point isn't to just see a video or post, but to comment on it. No one will comment in an old thread buried way back. This place has in general been the most helpful/friendliest car forum I've been on. I've posted questions on other car forums and never received even one response, yet my first post here received about 20. I guess Lotus owners are the nicest. Again, I want to say thanks.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's all good. This is a much better topic than some Lotus-related threads that get posted here.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
seen it a few times but it's never enough! i've viewed every EVORA youtube video out there! always want more!...thanks for posting it again...there's nothing wrong with keeping it at the top..many of us are new and i know i'm not about to try to search everything out prior to posting on here...the search feature is not user friendly IMO....

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I watch that video periodically & still love it. Same goes for the Top Gear episode on the Evora. :coolnana:

EDIT: By the way, in reference to the recent thread on LT, they use the word "Supercar" to describe the Evora at the beginning.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
No defense needed and no attack was meant. Glad it was enjoyed........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
BTW did anyone watch the umteeth rerun of "1" last night? Lotus in it hay day is never a bad thing....even if if his cars were death traps......they were the fastest..... for many years......................

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
If you really want to learn about the car history, the older Elise documentary is even better and gives you great insight into the whole extruded-aluminium being glued vs. welded thing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No defense needed and no attack was meant. Glad it was enjoyed........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
BTW did anyone watch the umteeth rerun of "1" last night? Lotus in it hay day is never a bad thing....even if if his cars were death traps......they were the fastest..... for many years......................
No problem, its all good.:) I know its just a bit of criticism and not an attack.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts