The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This baby doesn't want to thread on nicely.. I was able to use the other bolt on both axles so it's def the nut. Does anyone know if this is a lotus part only? Or will one from another vehicle work?

Anyone have an extra laying around that you would want to sell?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Just for information, anybody know what size castle nut they are? Are they right or left hand thread? Just for information please. Also what is nominal torque spec on them. I know VW used to use castle nuts at 32 mm and 240 to 260 foot pounds torque. Just from pic they look similar, maybe a little smaller. Thanks for any answers. Its always good to have the info on the back burner.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Just for information, anybody know what size castle nut they are? Are they right or left hand thread? Just for information please. Also what is nominal torque spec on them. I know VW used to use castle nuts at 32 mm and 240 to 260 foot pounds torque. Just from pic they look similar, maybe a little smaller. Thanks for any answers. Its always good to have the info on the back burner.
Sorry, don't know the size or thread but it is 220 Nm

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

This baby doesn't want to thread on nicely.. I was able to use the other bolt on both axles so it's def the nut. Does anyone know if this is a lotus part only? Or will one from another vehicle work?

Anyone have an extra laying around that you would want to sell?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I see your trying to thread the spark plug wires, that won't work!! :D

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just for information please. Also what is nominal torque spec on them. I know VW used to use castle nuts at 32 mm and 240 to 260 foot pounds torque.
Were not trying to extrude them through the hub rotfl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts