The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know F1 doesn't seem to be a hot topic here but I'd like to share my trip to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix this past week.

This trip was long overdue as a 50th birthday present to myself. I chose this race based on a number of factors, most importantly being I wanted to go somewhere I had never been to before. That and the scheduling with my job left this race as the best choice.

I don't want to really make this a long winded post, so I'll suffice it to say that Baku is a really cool city, and although I know a lot of people hope it's dropped from the F1 calendar, I personally hope it stays. The track, as I think Ricciardo put it, is a combination of Monaco and Monza. Well said!

The city did a great job of hosting the event for the most part, and I really had a blast. I sat in the grandstands at the end of the straight where it flows into turn 1 and I believe this was a great vantage point. I'll post some pics and vids as I get the chance, but man, what a crazy race that was?

·
Registered
824 Posts
You must have had a great seat for most of the carnage then. Ricciardo won the race right at that spot didn't he?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the red flag delay he passed two cars at the end of the straight to jump into third I believe, and then with the Vettel penalty and loose head strap or whatever that caused Hamilton to pit, into first he went.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Would've paid good money to be able to sit in on the discussion that happened at Force India after that race. They should've sold passes to that event.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would've paid good money to be able to sit in on the discussion that happened at Force India after that race. They should've sold passes to that event.
For sure lol. Ocon and Perez are creating some rivalry and the fans love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts