The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What: Toyota Meet
Where: GearHead Garage- Details, see below.
When: Saturday, April 26th - Time: 10AM

I am trying to see how much interest there is to get a Monthly Toyota Meet started here in the PHX area.

We would be meeting on the last Saturday night of each month at around 6PM. The place where we'll meet will be decided when enough people show interest.
I would like to get as many Toyota owners to attend as possible. It will be a way for us all to get to know each other and check out other Toyota models. This is also including all Scion owners and all Lexus owners!!

IF interested just post it in this thread.

*UPDATE* Tucson Quarterly Meet has been suspended til next quarter.
We will still be holding a PHX area meet on the same date. Time and place have not been decided just yet.
What: AZ's Toyota Meet
When: Saturday, April 26th 2008 - Time: 10AM
Where: GearHead Garage/ Lunch/ Speedworld
GearHead Garage is located in Gilbert AZ on gilbert road south of the 60 freeway. 1021 N. gilbert road suite 104 Gilbert, AZ 85234
Heres their website, www.performanceandspeed.com
Here's the link to the map.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

*The plan will be to meet at GearHead Garage for their dyno day. After that we can grab some grub, then head out for a cruise to SpeedWorld for some saturday night racing.

Thanks,
B-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, here's an idea about the rotation of Tucson and PHX meets.

Quarterly would be a best bet for Tucson since they have less members attending. PHX will still have the in-between monthly meets.
I'm thinking...
PHX: February, March, May, June, August, September, November, & December

Tucson: January, April, July, & October

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still working out a meeting location in Tucson for the meet this month.

Seems as though all the PHX people will meet somewhere locally then all cruise down to Tucson together. Then we'll meet up with the Tucson people at a Hooters (not for sure), grab something to eat, then cruise up to Mt. Lemon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tucson is about 1.5-2hrs from PHX. When we get there we'll grab something to eat, then cruise up to Mt. Lemmon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel the Quarterly meet in Tucson. There is just not enough people who are willing to go just yet.

I would still like to have the meet, only have it here in the PHX area instead. I will take suggestions on what to do and where to meet. Maybe grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, and then a quick run out to SpeedWorld for some Saturday night racing??

First post has been updated!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's no good. But, when we have our next Quarterly meet in Tucson we'll have a larger group willing to go!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meet is TOMORROW!! Looks like it will be a really good turnout!! Although no one from this site has yet to let me know if the're going. :(

So far we have...
1. vehicle_5 (mr2oc/lotustalk+)
2. TRUENOFAB (spyderchat/aztoyota)
3. Allen86 (aztoyota)
4. twincharger (aztoyota) ?
5. Phunk Monkey (aztoyota)
6. Dangerzone (supraforums)
7. 08rolla (9thgencorolla)
8. stealthjet (newcelica)
9. Kustom Play (mr2oc)
10. turbomr21987 (mr2oc)
11. Airmiller44 (mr2oc)
12. TurboTRDCelica (mr2oc)
13. jsg93085 (scionlife)
14. Kiss (scionlife)
15. FabX (clublexus)
16. 4speedsleeper (tunerfriends)

Just a reminder of what/where/when things are going on. Here's that info.
I would like everyone coming to meet up at Gearhead Garage for their dyno day. It'd be a good chance for people to see how much power they're putting down.
Then we'll go grab something to eat, probably out at Tempe Market Place. After that we'll cruise out to F1 Race Factory for some go-kart racing.
So, to recap:
10AM - Gearhead Garage
~1PM - Eat
~3PM - F1 Race Factory

Addresses:
Gearhead Garage - 1021 N. gilbert road suite 104 Gilbert, AZ 85234
Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....788657&spn=0.006182,0.013347&z=16&iwloc=addr
Tempe Market Place - Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....908026&spn=0.012355,0.026693&z=15&iwloc=addr
F1 Race Factory - 317 S 48th St. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...111.978407&spn=0.012353,0.026693&z=15&iwloc=A

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meet had a good turnout at the dyno day part, but only one other person showed for the Karting. The highest hp car that dynoed was a SCCA race Corvette, it put down about 350hp to the wheels. One thing that surprised me was a tC that dynoed only put down 130hp which is the same as mine. Weird?

I didn't take any pics this time around. I need to get a better camera for that!!

Other than that, I will hope that next month's meet will have a larger turnout now that more people know about it.

I'll keep this thread updated with all the new info for next months meet!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts