The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Aztec Bronze (the rarest of all Elise colors :up: ). Hard and soft tops. Dual factory oil coolers. Manual windows. Original owner. Purchased new at British Motor Car in San Francisco. Always garaged. Clear title in hand. 58,xxx, mostly freeway miles. Never tracked or autocrossed. Additional pictures at https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Execellent maintenance record.
All factory updates (as of February 2014) performed, e.g. oil lines, shifter, and ecu flash. Oil change and other maintenance such as toe link torque performed religously every 5K miles. Mobile 1, 5w40 (factory recommended), premium Toyota oil filters and Redline transmission fluid.

Lots of extras!
Forged light weight wheels (saved total of 14 lbs compared to stock). SPA oil pressure / oil temp guage and intake air temp and boost (vacuum) gauge in alumimum mount (extreamly high quality and programmable). Sector 111 engine mount (street) and toe link washer. Valentine 1 radar detector mount and wiring. Factory driving lights wired, grill and switch (at least one light has broken lense and they are not currently installed). Odyessey battery. Quicksilver stainless muffler. Infinity spekers. Quality black badges on nose and wheels. Black “LOTUS” letters in back. Momo non airbag wheel for more interior room and lighter weight. CG seatbelt lock. Factory interior leather door sill pockets. Black console. Michelin Pilot Sport tires (fronts in great shape, rear ready for replacement).

Issues.
Lightly tapped in rear while moving away from a stop. Pictures show damage. Will need rear tires soon. Also, it is ready for maintenance again at 60K miles.

$28,888

Please PM with questions, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
That car is beautiful and the rarest of all colors. Consider trade for an Europa?

GLWS!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Didn't even know this color existed. It's beautiful. GLWS

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
is the damage above the letter S from the same impact as the rest of the crack in the rear claim? have you ever brought it in for an estimate for repair out of curiosity? Just getting an idea of the bodywork repair cost.

never knew this color existed either. Cool!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the damage above the letter S from the same impact as the rest of the crack in the rear claim? have you ever brought it in for an estimate for repair out of curiosity? Just getting an idea of the bodywork repair cost.

never knew this color existed either. Cool!
Only one tap ever to anywhere on the car so any damage stems from the same impact. Cost to repair would probably vary greatly on how the repair is done, i.e. have a shop that specialized in exotic cars replace the entire clam vs fix and spot paint the original. There's no attempt to hide any damage and one of the pictures at the Flickr link shows the inside of the trunk. Potential buyers are welcome to estimate the cost to repair to a standard they desire - assuming that driving as-is is not an option the buyer chooses.... there are no driveability issues.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow, very nice color!

Do you have the original wheels or steering wheel?

Is it actually a cracked clam, or is it scuffed and scratched the paint?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, very nice color!

Do you have the original wheels or steering wheel?

Is it actually a cracked clam, or is it scuffed and scratched the paint?
Have the original steering wheel (mounted on the wall in my office) but sold the road wheels a few years ago. I think the tap is more than scuffed / scratched paint but, at the same time, I don't see much of a crack.

Also, forgot to mention that the key is one of the batch that Randy Chase made last year - so the alarm and locking buttons are built in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry, I have to post for the repair cost of the rear clam shell, replaced it cost around 12-15K, and repaired cost 3-6K. So someone here does not think it is a few hundred dollars to fix it unless they repair the clam shell themselves.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, nice car. where is it? Im in South California and want to buy any Elise. I am interesting for this car.
It's just north of Berkeley. The drive home down the Pacific Coast Highway would be a wonderful experience :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
It's just north of Berkeley. The drive home down the Pacific Coast Highway would be a wonderful experience :rolleyes:
Thanks for your received, Im located in los angeles. it`s a little bit far away. But I want it. I also want to go to SF looking for this so beautiful car. But I need some additional information for this car. do you have more Pics for this car? can u sent it to me?

·
Registered
199 Posts
:(Sorry you're selling your Elise!!!! Now there will be only two Elises in El Sobrante. My BPR & my neighbor's Silver one. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:(Sorry you're selling your Elise!!!! Now there will be only two Elises in El Sobrante. My BPR & my neighbor's Silver one. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks. It's not going to be easy seeing an Elise on the road in the future.

For additional pictures, I will take and post them in the next day or so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
245 Posts
Has an insurance claim been made on the rear clam damage, and would you be willing to re-install the OEM steering wheel before purchase?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I bet that the Aztec is a lot like the autumn gold in regards to photgraphs...im sure it looks awesome in person. would love to see one with the magnolia interior!!! I think it is the only color I have yet to see!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bet that the Aztec is a lot like the autumn gold in regards to photgraphs...im sure it looks awesome in person. would love to see one with the magnolia interior!!! I think it is the only color I have yet to see!
It's a little different than Autumn Gold ('06, I believe).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts