The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I will start out with a number of shots of the color. You will see that it changes between pictures. All were inside, some with flash some without. Fluorescent lighting next to a window. Not the best for taking pictures. It is at the gold end of bronze, not the brown end. I would expect it to go more gold in full sunlight.

Then I have added a few interior shots.

I have resized them to 800 pixels in width, to help our bandwidth and screen size challenged friends, based on some of the complaints about some pictures being too large.

Greg

PS It is at Overseas Motors in Dallas and may still be available. And no I don't get anything out of this except your appreciation for my taking 2 hours out of my day to go to the dealership to get you guys pictures. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
thanks for the pics. Not a horrible color, but not one I would consider myself....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This the rear shelf behind the seat. The dollar is not there to show off my vast wealth. :no: It is there to give people a sense of the depth of the space!

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a picture of the cluster to try to show that the glass(clear plastic) is not smooth, but textured to be anti-reflective. I had not seen this mentioned before.

This is not my car. Still waiting on my Aubergine (see sig). Not a bad color, just not my style. It did look better than I expected. I might look better yet, in full sunlight. I would take it if someone gave to me or I had limited chances to get an Elise (dying) or was at the bottom of the waiting list.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
andykeck said:
You have a dollar?!
I must confess, I also had a few quarters in my pocket..... but I did not want to risk losing them under the seat. Who ever bought it would probably have to take it back to the dealer six times to cure the rattle:D

Greg

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Ah, the elusive Asstec Bronze rears it's ugly little head...:eek:

Thanks for the warning!

·
Registered
34 Posts
YES!!! AZTEC BRONZE!!! Thank you very very much for these pictures!!! Now where did I put that extra kidney so I can go put my deposit down? Why doesn't everybody like this color?

·
Registered
34 Posts
gotapex said:
LOL, was thinking the same thing. Definitely a clearance section color. :D
so if I just wait a little longer, somebody will get sick(er) of the color and I can swoop in to "claim the bronze" (somebody's been watching too much Olympics tonite) I REALLY like this color, and can't understand why no-one else does

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gotapex said:
LOL, was thinking the same thing. Definitely a clearance section color. :D
Yet, they may already have an offer over MSRP for the car. So somebody likes it well enough. Maybe somebody that wants to go to a Lotus event and not see a bunch of cars like theirs!

If it were like most cars built in Japan in years past, there was no ordering a car. You took what showed up at the lot or you didn't buy. Distributors loaded up all the cars with options. A lot of people just go to the dealer and pick one off the lot. Of couse thay are buying Malibus or Cavaliers, not Elises.

Greg

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Racer X said:

PS It is at Overseas Motors in Dallas and may still be available. And no I don't get anything out of this except your appreciation for my taking 2 hours out of my day to go to the dealership to get you guys pictures. :D
Thanks man, this thread definitely falls in the category of "adding to the literature."

1 - 20 of 63 Posts