The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Guess Ill go ahead and order this bad boy up. I cannot wait. Maybe I'll do a write up for the next bloke who attempts this! Any more pics will be appreciated not that I can't get creative, just for ideas. I also would like to reroute the battery as well. But that looks a clam off operation.

Hmm 2 guage wire seems to be the right choice, any suggestions on where to get wiring and switches? Not sure what that type of connector is for the switch either, as it'd be nice to have a male for it. Well guess it would be nice for a list of materials and any suggestions of where to get them online.

·
Vendor
3,093 Posts
The switch is any standard 12V toggle switch of some description. Get something that you like. You don't need much in the way of wire. 14Ga is more that sufficient for the activation portion. 2 ga will be more than enough if you use a short wire. Connector is Deutch, though you could just cut it off an use your own.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Guess Ill go ahead and order this bad boy up. I cannot wait. Maybe I'll do a write up for the next bloke who attempts this! Any more pics will be appreciated not that I can't get creative, just for ideas. I also would like to reroute the battery as well. But that looks a clam off operation.

Hmm 2 guage wire seems to be the right choice, any suggestions on where to get wiring and switches? Not sure what that type of connector is for the switch either, as it'd be nice to have a male for it. Well guess it would be nice for a list of materials and any suggestions of where to get them online.
Actually 4awg would be sufficient. Our cars generate a max of under 100A.
Michael

·
Registered
264 Posts
How has this battery disconnect been holding up? I’m relocating a smaller battery inside the passenger compartment after installing a clam kit and don’t want the battery to drain when sitting for months. I’ve looked at mechanical switches like

or

but they are huge and there is no good space to mount one. Looks like you can use just a small toggle switch mounted just about anywhere with this. Even a matching Lotus driving light switch as mentioned would work. (Any picture of that?) How is it wired? Cable from battery negative terminal to one post on the unit then a cable going to ground on the other?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts