The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,

Well I made it back...I have been home now about 2 months and just came off leave...I ended up getting a new car after all, and even surprised myself with the choice.

Didn't get the Esprit...the NSX...or the 355. Ended up getting a 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG with Renntech Stage 1 kit. Right about 515hp and 560 pound feet of torque. We traded our S2000 as a down payment, and was sad to see it go.

What made the choice for us was we were driving the S2000 down through the Florida Keys and my wife and I were thinking how nice it would be to take the kids along with us on these trips...so we saw the E55 AMG and drove it and it was mind blowing...without question the fastest car I have ever driven. we still have out Elise and I imagine we wont part with that for a long time. May get another toy like two seater down the way...maybe even an Esprit if it happens to cross our path at the right time.

Gotta go.

LTC Weed

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes, welcome back.

Seems like you made an awesome choice. I've never driven an AMG car, only ridden in them, and they are phenomenal.

Glad to hear you still have your Elise too! :up:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sir, Thank you for your service. I think you made a fine choice considering you still have the Elise. I have a few rotations to other sand box coming up soon maybe I'll see ya over there! It's good to see a LTC having fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All...

Team...

Thanks for all the kind remarks...I really thought we were going to end up with an 2002 Esprit or 2002 NSX...we had pretty much written off the Ferrari for a couple of years...Where we live in Savannah, though, you just don't see many exotic cars.

The AMG was kind of in the back of my mind mostly because my wife is pretty practical and convincing here we needed yet another 2 seater car was a tough sell...Even I had to see her logic.

the AMG though is like a stealth bomber. It looks like an ordinary E class...and we furthered this image by removing the V8 Kompressor badges on the side. The only tell-tell signs is the single AMG badge on the back, and the AMG pressing on the break calipers and wheels.

The engine is a 5.4 liter V8 with an integrated supercharger with intercooler. with the pully upgrade I believe it is running 14-15 psi. I have never had a supercharged or turbocharged car before, and thought I would hear the whine, but it is imperceptiple to me. the interior is almost too luxurious...I was always a fan of the austerity of the S2000 and the Elise. The car weighs about 3900 pounds which is almost embarrasing. When you are driving it, it reminds me of that song..."Hot Rod Lincoln" It just pulls...and pulls...and pulls...

It is fun though...we took off the other day and my kids gasped and started giggling...pretty funny...

It's black...and we just got the windows tinted. We call it Attila and are trying to get a plate that says that...Our Elise's plate is "ZIPNBY"

Thanks Again...

S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts