The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned Stateside a couple of days ago. After spending two weeks in Eastern Europe, I decided to spend an extra night in the U.K. and do the full tour of the Lotus facilities (and then some).

My host was Lotus's resident funny man Richard Parramint. The cost was 130 Pounds (approximately $200) and included a tour of the factory, the race car garage, the Classic Team Lotus garage, Chapman's grave site, the original hall where Lotus had set up shop (amazing old British estate), and the corporate office reception area where I got to get up close and personal with last year's E21 F1 car.

Afterwards we headed into Norwich which is a very charming little town where Richard took me to a tiny pub that had huge character. It was first established as a pub in 1249! That's right. Almost 800 years old. I got a huge kick out of it.

Without going into details, I just wanted to highly recommend this personal tour if you're over in the U.K. At about 4-5 hours long and $200ish it really gives you a great understanding and appreciation of the history for the brand we love so much.

Richard's email is [email protected] if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and no the V6 will not be street-legal in the U.S. Too bad. The car looks wicked sexy in person and is an absolute animal.

As for the health of Lotus, all I can say is that the factory was full of new production cars. I believe Richard stated that they're finishing about 11 a day for the worldwide market!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oh, and no the V6 will not be street-legal in the U.S. Too bad. The car looks wicked sexy in person and is an absolute animal.

As for the health of Lotus, all I can say is that the factory was full of new production cars. I believe Richard stated that they're finishing about 11 a day for the worldwide market!
Guppy, it's great to hear that you had a good time. I did that with Richard a few years back, and it was a blast. They actually had the Camel F1 car out at Hethel when we were there (the Lambo engined Lotus), testing.

And it's good to hear that they are working away.....:clap:

Stephen.

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
been there, done that!

and it's the greatest experience you can have if you're a Lotus guy!

and Richard, they don't get any better than him!

Steve, we gotta get together and share notes!

·
Registered
25 Posts
here in London and a hurricane is coming... Weather warnings of 80mph winds... Don't think my driving academy session will be going forward tomorrow in Hethel... I'm so bummed... Spent today at the Lotus Originals store on Regents Street.. May have to come back during the summer. :-/

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
here in London and a hurricane is coming... Weather warnings of 80mph winds... Don't think my driving academy session will be going forward tomorrow in Hethel... I'm so bummed... Spent today at the Lotus Originals store on Regents Street.. May have to come back during the summer. :-/
That sucks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts