The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Evora with about 10,000 miles on it an now have a new problem that has started. When I hit the fob button to open the hatch it makes the noise but does not unlock the hatch. Sometimes it takes three or four times of pushing the fob button to unlock the hatch. I can be standing right next to it or off in the distance which seems to make no differance.

I did put some spray lube on the latch.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix? Do I need to take it back to the dealer or is there a simple fix?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have a 2010 Evora with about 10,000 miles on it an now have a new problem that has started. When I hit the fob button to open the hatch it makes the noise but does not unlock the hatch. Sometimes it takes three or four times of pushing the fob button to unlock the hatch. I can be standing right next to it or off in the distance which seems to make no differance.

I did put some spray lube on the latch.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix? Do I need to take it back to the dealer or is there a simple fix?

Thanks for the help.
I have the same problem, My car goes into the dealer next Tuesday. They told me that this is a known problem. Lotus used one retaining clip on the latch spring, over time it moves out of adjustment. The dealer adds a second clip.
Ron

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have this problem too, I never really thought about it too hard though. I just push the button a couple of times and it opens. Maybe I should mention it to my dealer as well, Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
hatch open problem

Change the height of the rubber "feet" on both sides to add a slight resistance to raise it up once the hatch lets go.
Increasing the height of the rubber bumpers solved the problem when I had it. Just unscrew them a turn or so to increase their height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts