The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a good number of hours, my esprit is back on the road! Just upgraded the radiator to a larger 3 row radiator that fits in the stock space. Now she runs at a good 80 degrees celsius night and day! even in 96 degree weather!

But, the most exciting upgrade are my new quad HID headlights! All credit and work goes to Gonzalo! He designed and fabricated them himself! Even made the wiring harnesses!

The picture just shows how great they look!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! Nice pic - could you give us more details about how/where you got your car? What's been done to it? Where are you located?

The car was bought from Nicholas Cage's cousin, Roman Coppola. The car was originally Nicholas's.

I upgraded the radiator and Gonzalo designed the headlights. Muffler is gone. I'll soon have the exige steering wheel mod, and hope to add water/methanol injection.
The car came stock with the sport wing
SoCal

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
More info and details on the Gonzalo designed the headlights! And more photos of them please!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
WOW that looks great! Was supposed to get mine done on Monday but ran out of time so we ended up just havin lunch. Looks like I really need to make the time now!

Great mod and sick car!

·
My car sneezes
670 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
how much in addition to the lights, are the bulbs and ballasts themselves?

·
My car sneezes
670 Posts
how much in addition to the lights, are the bulbs and ballasts themselves?
It depends on what you decide to use. You can use any H1 bulbs and ballast. So you could get a $30 eBay kit to any high end kit. We used the Mirimoto kit for about $150 for a pair of bulbs and ballasts.

Wiring will depend on whether you do dual or quad projectors.

·
My car sneezes
670 Posts
OK I'm buying this time!

PS Do I still have to have your cousin's baby or no? The lights are cool and all but I think I change my mind on the baby thing... How about I give him my nephew's friend's sister's baby daddy's Chihuahua?
I think the Chihuahua will suffice lol.

·
Registered
210 Posts
More info and details on the Gonzalo designed the headlights! And more photos of them please!
On the other thread, he lists $400 for two, $800 for all four lights, with pics of various combinations of lights and housings. Considering that these are hand-assembled of machined aluminum and other select components, tried-and-tested by a member of the forum, with the lenses hand made by gmendoza [this according to the other thread], it seems a fair price to pay for the safety of better nighttime vision on busy roadways. As I understand from reading the other thread on the lights, each set is basically tailor-made to each person's preference.

However, as they are hand-tailored, and as the thread indicates, a personal (rather than commercial) endeavor, their availability could "go away" at any time. Considering the time and effort expended making these, and that there is probably very little (if any) profit off their sale, one might imagine just having the possibility of them being produced in even small batches is a great bonus to the Esprit community (or more specifically, those looking to upgrade their headlamps).

·
My car sneezes
670 Posts
Greentengu, thanks, you hit the nail on the head. My original batch is all sold out. If I get enough preorders, then I'll make another run but as of right now, no plans.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So I saw these in person this past Monday and I have to tell you all it is of high quality stuff. I held "MY" set to check out, they are of high quality aluminum and lens that will take a sledge hammer to crack. You'd have to drive behind a Chinook Chopper at 210 miles an hour with a headwind chasing a tornado behind Godzilla!

These are all hand made and for $400 plus the bulbs it's a great deal! I am hoping that these will be a limited production run. I want to be the coolest kid in Cali but it looks like we have a few other ninjas with these in the neighborhood. Maybe I have Gonzo make me a bar with 8 of these and strap on the roof of my S4. Think of all the animal shadows I can make!

Good stuff Midlife...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts